Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted

Go down 
+6
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
OU
LA
KingsOwn19
josh200612
10 posters
AuthorMessage
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  Empty
PostSubject: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:54 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/4/2030924/ufc-quick-quote-jon-jones-would-fight-rashad-evans-if-thats

Quote :
"I respect Dana White a lot and if that's what he absolutely wanted to happen then, you know, I guess that's what would have to happen. Me or Rashad would not want to get fired over the situation. It would just be majorly awkward for us. Rashad and I have a lot in common; we're both young, African-American men with families, we both like to sing and have fun, we're both elite MMA fighters, I mean we have a LOT in common. We really clicked really well and there is just so many other great fighters in the world that we could compete against. And we're not animals, we're friends and we're people, we're human beings. I just would hate to have to fight my own teammate. I would never want to."
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:54 pm

somebody gets it.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:13 pm

This will be the scene at Greg Jackson's camp tonight...

Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  Fullmetaljacket-o

Lol, what a snake in the grass...and a promoters pet. I wonder if he brings Dana an apple or a box of chocolates at every event he attends.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Shad looks even dumber now
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:28 pm

LA wrote:
Shad looks even dumber now
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/3/5/2032025/rashad-evans-ready-to-fight-his-friend-jon-jones

Rashad Evans replied on MMA Live:

"(Jon) Jones expressed last night in an interview that he
would fight me for the title. So I guess (I have to fight him). I'm no
punk."
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:34 pm

After the fact though, after he gave up waiting on a Title shot, might not get another chance.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:08 pm

Is he ever going to fight again or is he just going to keep sitting out waiting for a title shot? Shouldn't that expire at some point?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:17 pm

i dont care much for Shad anymore... he could wait all he wants as far as im concerned
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:34 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Is he ever going to fight again or is he just going to keep sitting out waiting for a title shot? Shouldn't that expire at some point?

"Apparently not"
Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  Vitor-belfort2
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:36 am

It sucks Rashad said he wouldnt fight Bones because they were teammates and then Bones made him look like a bitch by saying He would fight Rashad if he had to. Rashad gave the company speech and Bones through him under the bus lol.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:31 pm

That was a dog act by Jones.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:44 pm

timthebim wrote:
It sucks Rashad said he wouldnt fight Bones because they were teammates and then Bones made him look like a bitch by saying He would fight Rashad if he had to. Rashad gave the company speech and Bones through him under the bus lol.

I think you're right, but I can also see DW behind all of this. I just got superhyped up to see them fight just from this. I think DW has had a meeting with both of them within the last 2-3 weeks and discussed all of this with them. I wonder where they will train if they fight? I don't think Greg is gonna train one guy and not the other. Shogun is the only guy at 205lbs that can beat Bones, but I think Bones will win and we will see this fight in 6 months.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:11 pm

How did he throw Rashad under the bus? Business is business. Maybe without the title in the picture it would make sense but this is what every guy wants in the sport. Nobody signs up hoping to just be "good", they want to be the man who holds the title. When you have two or more top five fighters in the same camp and same division sometimes they have to square off. At the end of the day you have to do what you have to do in order to succeed and achieve "the dream".
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Ludo wrote:
How did he throw Rashad under the bus? Business is business. Maybe without the title in the picture it would make sense but this is what every guy wants in the sport. Nobody signs up hoping to just be "good", they want to be the man who holds the title. When you have two or more top five fighters in the same camp and same division sometimes they have to square off. At the end of the day you have to do what you have to do in order to succeed and achieve "the dream".

Thats not the point Ludo. Point is Jackson guys are always talking about not fighting each other so Rashad said what he was supposed to say and said he wouldnt fight Bones, fully expecting Bones to say the same thing and he didnt. It makes Bones look good saying he will fight any1 but makes his teammate look bad because he said what he thought they would both say. It just looks to me like Bones blind sided Rashad alittle in this case.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:58 pm

In an earlier interview Jones actually said he wont fight Rashad but I guess he must have changed his mind.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Jamal wrote:
In an earlier interview Jones actually said he wont fight Rashad but I guess he must have changed his mind.

I dont have a problem with him saying he would fight Rashad but out of respect maybe he should have let Rashad know that before Rashad said he wouldnt fight Bones. It is wrong to me for him to blind side a teammate on national TV like that.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:26 pm

timthebim wrote:
Jamal wrote:

I dont have a problem with him saying he would fight Rashad but out of respect maybe he should have let Rashad know that before Rashad said he wouldnt fight Bones. It is wrong to me for him to blind side a teammate on national TV like that.

I agree with you 100%.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Yeah Tim is right. I see where Ludo is coming from, but Bones didn't have to roll Shad over like that. Maybe now they will become enemies so Bones can beat that ass!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Haha, this is all tx to Dana!!! Awesome
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Im actually happy that he will fight teammates if he has to just dont like how he announced it.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:31 am

I can see where your coming from, Tim. But at the same time it's hard to really tell someone that when you don't know if it will come up in an interview or not. These reporters have a tendency to purposefully blindside guys with "hot" questions looking for realistic off the cuff reactions because thats what it's really all about.

I don't know that he rolled Rashad over with it. Both have been saying for months and months they wouldn't fight each other, and now something has changed Bones' mind be it influence from Dana and the Fertittas or the title in question now. Rashad may not like it, he may feel a bit betrayed but I'm sure he realizes too how good some of these interviewers are at coming out of nowhere with a question and putting you on the spot.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:48 pm

That question didnt come out of no where he knew he would be asked about it. Iin every interview both him and Rashad are asked about it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:58 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/9/2040340/jon-jones-hates-when-people-mention-rashad-evans-who-has-nothing-to
Quote :
"I want to be clear to other reporters, that I absolutely HATE when people mention Rashad Evans, especially throughout this training camp. He's a friend of mine but I'm fighting Mauricio "Shogun," one of the best fighters that's been around for a long time. So for people to even be mentioning Rashad Evans right now, I think, is ludicrous. Rashad is not in my mind, he's not in my being, he has absolutely zero to do with my heart and who I am right now. Right now it's me vs. Jon Jones and right now I'm beating all the weakness out of myself, I'm beating all the give-up out of myself, I'm beating the lack of cardio, I'm beating the lack of confidence; any sign of weakness that's within my heart right now, I'm getting rid of it. The fact that people are bringing up Rashad, it almost angers me. Rashad has nothing to do with "Shogun" and I think from hear on out I won't even answer a question about Rashad."
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:45 pm

OU wrote:
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/9/2040340/jon-jones-hates-when-people-mention-rashad-evans-who-has-nothing-to
Quote :
"I want to be clear to other reporters, that I absolutely HATE when people mention Rashad Evans, especially throughout this training camp. He's a friend of mine but I'm fighting Mauricio "Shogun," one of the best fighters that's been around for a long time. So for people to even be mentioning Rashad Evans right now, I think, is ludicrous. Rashad is not in my mind, he's not in my being, he has absolutely zero to do with my heart and who I am right now. Right now it's me vs. Jon Jones and right now I'm beating all the weakness out of myself, I'm beating all the give-up out of myself, I'm beating the lack of cardio, I'm beating the lack of confidence; any sign of weakness that's within my heart right now, I'm getting rid of it. The fact that people are bringing up Rashad, it almost angers me. Rashad has nothing to do with "Shogun" and I think from hear on out I won't even answer a question about Rashad."

He should have said that in the 1st place.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:53 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/10/2043471/ufc-quick-quote-phil-davis-doesnt-want-to-hurt-antonio-rogerio
Quote :
"Nothing against anyone else or whatever tactics they use, but that's just me. I'm just fairly agreeable. I don't like to make a vendetta where there isn't one. I know Nogueira. I've trained with him. Nice guy. We're going to fight, and then I'll see him around San Diego, I'm going to shake his hand and we'll hang out. There's no need to make it more than what it is. We're doing business together. We're going to beat the crap out of each other and knock each others' screws loose, and hug after we're done and be real men and shake each others' hands, and that's it.... Everybody you get the opportunity to train with, just train with them. So what if you have to fight them later? There's nothing about this fight, there's nothing malicious. I don't want to go out and rip his head off and hurt him or anything like that. No way. The Nogueira brothers are a class act. We're both going to make some money, hopefully get that Fight of the Night, and that's about it."

how it should be, bravo Phil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted    Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted  Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones would fight Rashad Evans -- if that's 'absolutely' what Dana White wanted
Page 1 of 1