Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans

Go down 
+4
josh200612
Andrew the Raider King
OU
killerofchicken
8 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans Empty
PostSubject: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Quote :
"I admire Randy Couture for everything he did. It’s extraordinary to get to that age fighting with top fighters in such a high level. I got the privilege of facing him. This is going to be a honor to know that I made part of his history, it's priceless. Few people will get such an honor to fighting him. The intent is to change the attitude, to look for the aggressiveness, the entertainment. We’re fighting professionals, it's not enough to perform, we have to please the audience. I’ve got to enhance some aspects of my game but I cannot totally change. I can’t forget what made me champion. How can I throw it all away? How can I change my whole style?"
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm

i dont think he has to change his style to be successful, he just has to be a little more aggressive IMO.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:41 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
i dont think he has to change his style to be successful, he just has to be a little more aggressive IMO.

He started doing that before he even loss. Started around the Thiago fight. He also started lifting weights around that time.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:42 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

He started doing that before he even loss. Started around the Thiago fight. He also started lifting weights around that time.
if he pushed Rampage a little more he would have won it
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:46 pm

I don't think Lyota will lose, though I am hoping...

Last edited by Andrew the Raider King on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Randy will beat him you can't run away and expect to win.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:49 pm

josh200612 wrote:
HOW is Randy gonna beat Machida? not calling you out just want a scenario, cuz i see NO WAY of Randy getting a W
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:54 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
HOW is Randy gonna beat Machida? not calling you out just want a scenario, cuz i see NO WAY of Randy getting a W

first off i'm a captain america homer i have said this during the espn times and i never pick against him. i think he will push the pace and keep machida close maybe even up against the cage i mean the dude has kept some big guys up against the cage im sure he can do it to machida. plus machida will wait to strike like always and i think he will not do enough to win maybe a flurry or two but not enough.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:28 pm

josh200612 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

first off i'm a captain america homer i have said this during the espn times and i never pick against him. i think he will push the pace and keep machida close maybe even up against the cage i mean the dude has kept some big guys up against the cage im sure he can do it to machida. plus machida will wait to strike like always and i think he will not do enough to win maybe a flurry or two but not enough.
i dont think he can bully machida around though, machidas no vera! lol. machidas SUMO! might help him out against Randy
and the problem with Randy pushing the pace against Machida is he's gonna get tagged. Ill be shocked if randy wins, but it wont be the first time lol
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:50 pm

Randy can take anyone down at 205. In saying that though I expect Machida to ko him in either rd 1 or 2.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:01 am

He couldn't take down Vera from what I could tell. And there's no way he could take down Rashad Evans or Jon Jones. He could have some success against Machida, like Rampage did by pinning him against the cage, or get a surprise takedown here and there. Machida has awesome takedown defense though, and if you get him to the ground, it's virtually impossible to hold him there. Randy's chin has been suspect lately so I think Machida can KO him.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:06 am

The crowds seemed plenty pleased by Machida's style when he was knocking out Silva and Evans, or when he was laying the smack down on Rampage in the only round of effective scoring in their fight.

Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 am

boomer sooner wrote:
He couldn't take down Vera from what I could tell. And there's no way he could take down Rashad Evans or Jon Jones. He could have some success against Machida, like Rampage did by pinning him against the cage, or get a surprise takedown here and there. Machida has awesome takedown defense though, and if you get him to the ground, it's virtually impossible to hold him there. Randy's chin has been suspect lately so I think Machida can KO him.

THIS! I still think Vera beat Randy.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:26 pm

I questioned it to Eyes, but in the end, Randy just makes guys impatient and then they screw up and he hits them or wears them down. I just don't think Randy has the chin to hang with Lyota.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans   Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans Empty

Back to top Go down

Lyoto Machida can't throw away the style that made him champion just to please the fans
Page 1 of 1