Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Assuming GSP is moving to MW...

Go down 
+3
GDPofDRC
MMAEYES
OU
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Assuming GSP is moving to MW... Empty
PostSubject: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:33 pm

Who should fight for the WW title? It would have made perfect sense for the Fitch-BJ winner to fight Condit-Lytle winner but the Condit injury kind of fucks that up. Does Lytle get the nod anyways with a win this weekend in this senario? If not then who?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Depending on how close his fight with GSP is I'd be OK with Jake getting another shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Depending on how close his fight with GSP is I'd be OK with Jake getting another shot.

So Fitch has to win 100 UFC fights and Jake can go 1-1 in the UFC and get his 2nd shot? No thanks.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Really if GSP is moving up BJ vs Fitch is for the WW title in my mind, if GSP moves up.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:32 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

So Fitch has to win 100 UFC fights and Jake can go 1-1 in the UFC and get his 2nd shot? No thanks.

I agree that isn't fair to Fitch but if we know anything it's Dana doesn't give a shit about being unfair to Fitch lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:35 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I agree that isn't fair to Fitch but if we know anything it's Dana doesn't give a shit about being unfair to Fitch lol

lol, I'd rather have Kampmann if he wins or Condit by default. The obvious is Fitch-BJ winner will be in the fight. But IMO the only people that sould be considered for the title shot are Lytle if he wins this weekend, Kampmann if he beats Diego and Condit by default.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:43 pm

What about Anthony Johnson if he beats Hardy? His last loss was Kos wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:52 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
What about Anthony Johnson if he beats Hardy? His last loss was Kos wasn't it?

That Kos fight was his last fight. So I would say no. He won 3 in a row before losing to Kos but none of them were against upper level competition.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 pm

My UFC WW shakedown post GSP

BJ Penn vs Jon Fitch - next title fighter
Jake Shields - a fight with either Penn or Fitch puts him back in the "title fight at any time" picture, maybe Lytle?
Josh Koscheck - Back tot he drawing board, several wins needed
Thiago Alves - Same as Kos, maybe one less win to get back
Carlos Condit - get healthy and keep winning, one great win or two good wins out.
Martin Kampmann - beat Sanchez and get a couple of good wins and he is back in the discussion.
Dan Hardy - Beat Johnson and a few more guys including either Kos or Fitch.
Matt Hughes - 4 good wins
Diego Sanchez - Kampman and at least two other good wins
Chris Lytle - Condit would of put him close, now he is minimum two more wins out from the picture.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
My UFC WW shakedown post GSP

BJ Penn vs Jon Fitch - next title fighter
Jake Shields - a fight with either Penn or Fitch puts him back in the "title fight at any time" picture, maybe Lytle?
Josh Koscheck - Back tot he drawing board, several wins needed
Thiago Alves - Same as Kos, maybe one less win to get back
Carlos Condit - get healthy and keep winning, one great win or two good wins out.
Martin Kampmann - beat Sanchez and get a couple of good wins and he is back in the discussion.
Dan Hardy - Beat Johnson and a few more guys including either Kos or Fitch.
Matt Hughes - 4 good wins
Diego Sanchez - Kampman and at least two other good wins
Chris Lytle - Condit would of put him close, now he is minimum two more wins out from the picture.

So you are saying there is no one that is worthy of fighting for the title against the BJ-Fitch winner? Who is most deserving? Maybe if Lytle comes out of this fight healthy he will be ready to fight Condit and that winner could get a shot?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:32 pm

That's what I'm saying. But the title shot will be given. Either BJ vs Lytle/Condit/Shields/ maybe Alves/Kampman or Fitch vs Lytle/Condit/Shields maybe Sanchez. I can't see through the clouds right now. WW is really good and close away from the top.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:38 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
That's what I'm saying. But the title shot will be given. Either BJ vs Lytle/Condit/Shields/ maybe Alves/Kampman or Fitch vs Lytle/Condit/Shields maybe Sanchez. I can't see through the clouds right now. WW is really good and close away from the top.

Alves is 1-2 in his last 3 fights. He has to be atleast 3 more wins away from a title shot. Beating Story would be a solid win but he would still need a couple more IMO. I know Lytle isn't beating world beaters but a win this weekend puts him at 5 in a row(1 over a former Champion). IMO a Lytle vs Condit fight for the right at the title just makes the most sense. Both would be on win streaks with wins over a former champion or former #1 contenders.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:38 pm

If BJ Penn wins-

Thiago Alves
Carlos Condit
Chris Lyttle
Martin Kampmann

If Jon Fitch wins-

Carlos Condit
Chris Lyttle
Martin Kampmann
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:39 pm

I'd love to see BJ Penn vs Thiago Alves.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:02 pm

0% chance Thiago gets a title shot assuming he beats Rick Story. He lost 2 fights in a row and IF he wins his next fight that will be 2 in a row. With the other guys at the top, no way he gets a title shot. You guys are trippin.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:02 pm

If BJ Penn loses that might be a good fight for Thiago if he beats Story.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:17 pm

OU wrote:
If BJ Penn loses that might be a good fight for Thiago if he beats Story.

How so?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:53 am

Where is Rick Story in the mix if he beats Thiago? That would be 6 straight wins in the UFC with the last three being McLovin, Johnny Hendricks(was undefeated) and Thiago Alves. That's a pretty impressive streak right there.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:48 pm

Assuming GSP is moving to MW... 2ed982ad-ea88-4e00-84f5-413f91e4ed4f
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:04 pm

This is why there needs to be a public ranking system by the UFC. Without one, it becomes less about competition and figuring out who is the best and more about the perceived best. If there were a ranking system, this topic wouldnt even need to be discussed. Thats my biggest gripe with the UFC.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 pm

jimbojones1950 wrote:
This is why there needs to be a public ranking system by the UFC. Without one, it becomes less about competition and figuring out who is the best and more about the perceived best. If there were a ranking system, this topic wouldnt even need to be discussed. Thats my biggest gripe with the UFC.

So you think the UFC should have their own seperate ranking system? Interesting idea, would they rank all fighters on roster or only top 10?
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:35 pm

OU wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:

So you think the UFC should have their own seperate ranking system? Interesting idea, would they rank all fighters on roster or only top 10?

They should put out top ten rankings for each weight class just like the various organizations in boxing do. This way there is little confusion as to who is in line for a title shot, etc. and also allows fighters to have a more clear understanding of what they have to do and who they have to beat to climb the ladder.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:41 pm

Then they can't justify giving away what have in the past been perceived to be unwarranted title fights unless they purposely flaw their rankings. I doubt they ever do it.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:00 pm

I agree with Jimbo in that they should do it but I also agree with GDP in that the UFC will never do it.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:13 am

If GSP was to vacate the Title, I'd guess the BJ/Fitch winner would face the winner of a fight like Kos/Thiago if he beats Story. Shields would just have lost, some other guys are in the mix but further back, Condit could have been in there, maybe he gets a bigger fight then Lytle in a win and Title shot situation tough. Very tough to say, it'd be cool if no WW fights would have been made and you could have a Tourney for the Title with, BJ, Fitch, Thiago, Kos, Shields, Condit, Diego and Kampmann
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assuming GSP is moving to MW...   Assuming GSP is moving to MW... Empty

Back to top Go down

Assuming GSP is moving to MW...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next