Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reaction to Arcade Fire winning

Go down 
+7
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
oggy420
bobbitt15
josh200612
killerofchicken
Thomasdrrn09
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

Reaction to Arcade Fire winning Empty
PostSubject: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:37 pm

The reaction by people who only listen to music on the radio is fucking hilarious. This site is gold.

http://whoisarcadefire.tumblr.com/page/1
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Ill admit and say i've never heard of them before but im out of tune with music nowadays
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:53 pm

i have only heard a couple of songs so i can't judge but they are ok from what i have listened to. those people are butt hurt though lol!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:55 pm

I don't give a shit about Arcade Fire at all but given who else was up for the award those are pretty funny reactions. I don't even know how Lady Gaga was up for it, hasn't that CD been out for like 3 fucking years now? I thought I heard Poker Face for the first time back when I was like a freshman
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:25 pm

pfft compared to most of the music that gets put out today, or at least is popular, Arcade Fire has to win because they are the least annoying and are easy to listen to. I literally want to stab myself in the ears anytime a Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber or any of the rest of this garbage they call music comes on.

But seriously, who fucking cares about the Grammy's now-a-days anyway?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Eminem should have won album of the year period.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:04 pm

timthebim wrote:

It was not even a top ten HIP HOP album for the year. Eminem officialy sold out on that album. It was way more pop than rap.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

It was not even a top ten HIP HOP album for the year. Eminem officialy sold out on that album. It was way more pop than rap.

No way he is just taking rap a different way. Besides like it or not there was no way there were 10 hip hop albums better than his this year. No Way!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:15 pm

My reaction is the same as if Gaga or Bieber or any other shitty music won. This should be taken as a sign hipster music is now fully mainstream. The bulk of my experience with this band comes from television commercials so lets not pretend they're anything other than what they are - a less popular form of artsy pop.

Que furious mad hipsters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Eminem sold out over ten years ago and his flow is embarrassingly bad compared to what it used to be. Yet to all ears of all people he is perfect. I don't understand. Slim Shady LP please.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:19 pm

timthebim wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

No way he is just taking rap a different way. Besides like it or not there was no way there were 10 hip hop albums better than his this year. No Way!!!!

I can name 10 off the top of my head

Big Boi's album
The Roots- How I Got Over
Shad- TSOL
Das Racist- Sit Down Man
Das Racist- Shit Up Dude
Curren$y- Pilot Talk
Curren$y- Pilot Talk 2
Jay Electronica- Victory
Big K.R.I.T. – K.R.I.T. Wuz Here
Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

This is not even including albums like Drakes' and Wiz's which I didnt even love but it was still better than that crap that eminem put out.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
My reaction is the same as if Gaga or Bieber or any other shitty music won. This should be taken as a sign hipster music is now fully mainstream. The bulk of my experience with this band comes from television commercials so lets not pretend they're anything other than what they are - a less popular form of artsy pop.

Que furious mad hipsters.

really you see no difference between arcade fire and bieber. More proof that you say shit just to say it.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Eminem sold out over ten years ago and his flow is embarrassingly bad compared to what it used to be. Yet to all ears of all people he is perfect. I don't understand. Slim Shady LP please.

Marshal Matters Lp is better imo.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:07 pm

I've tried listening to Arcade Fire, but I was not digging it in the least.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Arcade Fire and Bieber are obviously different. But both are various forms of mainstream music with grates my ears. I don't like either. So either winning instills the same reaction.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:39 pm

I look at arcade fire as being hipster suicide music. Wake Up is all I'm really familiar with though. When I hear it I am annoyed in a similar way to seeing skinny jeans on dudes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:02 pm

yea, if I didn't want to offend people I'd say it is music for stuck up hipster whiteboys that have grown out of emo who like to pretend their music is better than XYZ when it really isn't. In short - Fag music.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Arcade Fire is solid. I never watch the grammys though.

I don't really get the fuss over Eminem's recent album. People act like it's some fresh to death innovation to rap but it's just a run of the mill hip pop album conveniently featuring the most popular guest stars, that Eminem would have spit on 10 years ago. It's new for Eminem, it's not new for rap at all.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:36 am

My first reaction was, never heard of em..
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:50 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
I look at arcade fire as being hipster suicide music. Wake Up is all I'm really familiar with though. When I hear it I am annoyed in a similar way to seeing skinny jeans on dudes.

Ha, have u seen any boarders on the mtn wearing skinny jeans? Saw a couple this past week, one kid was pretty good, but the skinny jeans paired with your standard bulky snowboard boot? Way dumb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Arcade Fire winning   Reaction to Arcade Fire winning Empty

Back to top Go down

Reaction to Arcade Fire winning
Page 1 of 1