Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return

Go down 
+5
Andrew the Raider King
Ludo
MMAEYES
killerofchicken
OU
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return Empty
PostSubject: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:25 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/8/1981719/kenny-florian-moving-down-to-featherweight-targeting-summer-return
"KenFlo" broke the news to ESPN:

Quote :
"I started playing around with the idea: could I make 145? Originally, I didn't think it was possible. I spoke with a few nutritionists, got their opinions, told them what my body fat was, my walking-around weight, all that stuff and the general consensus was that it was very possible. I put a lot of thought into it, spoke with my coaches and everybody involved and decided that I am going to try it. I'm going to go for it."
"Like Dana White, I like to make big fights. And a fight with Aldo has been sticking in the back of my head since the UFC asked us for it. If there is a way to make it happen, I want to. If it looks like the only way that fight can happen is if Kenny moves down to 145, that's what we're going to do. ... He's not going to get a title shot at 145 directly. We're asking for a top guy, and then maybe after one or two more fights, he can get a title shot. He should be ready to make his 145-pound debut in June or July. He has been cleared to start training this week."

Last edited by OU on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:45 am

So now Kenny and Tyson are both officially moving to FW, we knew this was going to happen. Just one of the wonderful things about the merger. Would have liked to see Kenny vs Melvin though.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:55 am

who would be good fights for both guys?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:02 am

killerofchicken wrote:

Kenny vs Mendes
Tyson vs Nunes
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 am

i like, very nice
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:07 am

Hey OU your topic title should say kenny is moving to FW not LW lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:08 am

killerofchicken wrote:
i like, very nice

Yeah I think those would be great 1st fights. Upper level guys, timing seems to be right for both as well. Those are just my picks on who I think they should fight.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:09 am

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
i like, very nice

Yeah I think those would be great 1st fights. Upper level guys, timing seems to be right for both as well. Those are just my picks on who I think they should fight.
cant go wrong with either guy imo
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:11 am

MMAEYES wrote:
Hey OU your topic title should say kenny is moving to FW not LW lol

It does and you can't prove it ever said anything otherwise! tongue
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 am

lol I know the truth
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:13 am

Kenny Florian vs Manny Gamburyan
Tyson Griffin vs George Roop or LC Davis
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:45 am

I love Kenny. But he will get killed by Jose Aldo. JA is just too explosive for Kenny's style.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:49 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I love Kenny. But he will get killed by Jose Aldo. JA is just too explosive for Kenny's style.
i agree with this, aldo would murder kenny
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 am

I would still want to see Kenny vs Aldo. I think it would be a close fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:03 am

Aldo already beat the shit out of undeserving fighters, Kenny might as well get in on the action.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:04 am

OU wrote:
Aldo already beat the shit out of undeserving fighters, Kenny might as well get in on the action.

Agree win or lose Kenny is at least a live dog in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:12 am

Ludo wrote:

Manny has a fight in March already set. That is why I picked guys coming off recent wins who would be ready for the Summer. Although Manny-Assuncao winner would be a good fight for Kenny and since it is in March the winner could be ready by July.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:10 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Manny has a fight in March already set. That is why I picked guys coming off recent wins who would be ready for the Summer. Although Manny-Assuncao winner would be a good fight for Kenny and since it is in March the winner could be ready by July.

The more I think about it, the more I like that idea.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Griffin should fight Mendes IMO

KenFlo really should just get a shot, but give him Yayha, not the best fight ever, but a good pre-Title fight matchup, Yayha could give him some trouble with his grappling.

Big time improvements to the division
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:16 pm

LA wrote:
Griffin should fight Mendes IMO

KenFlo really should just get a shot, but give him Yayha, not the best fight ever, but a good pre-Title fight matchup, Yayha could give him some trouble with his grappling.

Big time improvements to the division
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Kenny vs Mendes
Tyson vs Nunes
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Too dangerous a fight for Kenny when they're trying to give him one fight then Title shot.

Nunes is alright for Griffin, but think at the moment he's a litle higher up then Mendes, not trying to give him too good a fight after 3 straight L's at LW.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:23 pm

LA wrote:
Too dangerous a fight for Kenny when they're trying to give him one fight then Title shot.

Nunes is alright for Griffin, but think at the moment he's a litle higher up then Mendes, not trying to give him too good a fight after 3 straight L's at LW.

He's been given enough, make the fucker earn it. He isn't Randy Couture he can't lose, drop down and get a title shot right away. 1 fight and a title shot is a more then nice enough gift for Kenny.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:25 pm

1 fight is the only way he gets the shot according to Aldo's camp, but you don't wwant to give a guy too dangerous a fight and ruin a potentially great matchup, Mendes could hold Kenny down for 3 rds, then you get Mendes/Aldo instead of Kenflo/Aldo.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:26 pm

LA wrote:
1 fight is the only way he gets the shot according to Aldo's camp, but you don't wwant to give a guy too dangerous a fight and ruin a potentially great matchup, Mendes could hold Kenny down for 3 rds, then you get Mendes/Aldo instead of Kenflo/Aldo.

Yeah you do. If Kenny cannot defeat Mendez or any other fighter he doesn't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:28 pm

That would be a Sleep fest

No one said anything about any other fighter, just Mendes holding him down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return   Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return Empty

Back to top Go down

Kenny Florian moving to FW, eyes summer return
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next