Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ever taken a sobriety test?

Go down 
+3
KingsOwn19
josh200612
oggy420
7 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Ever taken a sobriety test? Empty
PostSubject: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Ok, let me start off with saying that i do not in anyway condone driving under the influence. But, unfortunately i made a rather irresponsible decision last night.

So i was at my friend's house. It was his last night before heading back up state to school because his classes start Tuesday. My buddies and i are are drinking, playing beer pong, smoking a little bud and what not. So a little later in the night, 2 of my good friends decide that they are gonna go to the bar with these 2 girls, but it is agreed that they are only going for a few drinks and they will be back. Let's just say that the relationship between one of my friends and these 2 girls is complicated... to say the least. They all went in one of the girls car. I knew in the back of my head something would probably go wrong here, which is why i declined to go.

So long story short, they leave for the bar, me and my one friend stay but we continue to drink rather heavily. About an hour or so goes by and i get a call from my friend at the bar. The girls completely blew them off and met up with some other guys there. Predictable honestly. He asks me to come pick him and my other friend up from the bar because the girls have no intention of leaving anytime soon. To make things worse my one friend who i mentioned earlier is completely shit faced at this point.

At this point i made a poor decision and against my better judgement i agree to come pick them up. So me and my friend who i had just been drinking with get in my car and start driving. Honestly, i had anywhere from 8 to 12 beers and smoked a couple bowls. Im feeling pretty good but am still very much in control of my actions. I make it there fine and they get in the car. Everyone in my car is pretty intoxicated at this point. We hit Wendy's drive through and then start heading back. So just as i enter the town we live in i see head lights fast approaching behind me. And i know i was speeding. Next thing you know i see the blue lights. At this point i am freaking the fuck out in my head. I just kept thinking how much it would suck to get a DUI and i was sure i was about to be cuffed and put in the back of a cop car. My drunk friend in the back seat is babbling to me about something, ranting and raving while i continuously try to tell him that we are getting pulled over and to shut the fuck up.

So now im pulled over on the side of the road, having a partial anxiety attack, im still very buzzed and high. Im trying to prepare myself to do my best impersonation of a sober person. So i roll down the window, the 1st officer comes up to me and shines the light right in my eyes. I give him my license. So i get the whole "do you know why we pulled you over"? Even though in my head i was thinking "because im drunk" i managed to admit that i was speeding. He asks me if i had anything to drink tonight. Clearly my car smells like a brewery right now. I say no. At this time the other officer is sneaking around the passenger side trying to see whats going on with everyone else in the car. Then he comes up to my window and asks, "what are you doing"? Now im so caught up in the moment that i actually say to him - "just got pulled over for speeding". LOL. He's like "yea, i know...". So this prompts them to ask me to get out of the car. At this point i was sure that i was fucked. So they start asking me a bunch of questions and i decide that it would be best to just be honest. So i tell them that my friends have been drinking at a bar and that i had to pick them up. I also tell them i had 2 beers about 2 hours ago. Now they have me changing my story. So now i am getting the "follow the tip of my pen with just your eyes" test. I pass. They frisk me, ask if i have drugs... etc. Then i see the other cop approaching with the breathalyzer. Im thinking to myself that i am doomed now.

So here is the moment of truth. I blow into the machine. It beeps and they walk towards their car. Im practically shitting my pants now. Plus its like 2 degrees out.

They walk back up to me, hand me my license and say "drive slower". They start to walk back to their car. I stood there really confused for a good 3 seconds or so before i realized that i better get out of here before my luck changes.

For the life of me, i can not figure out how the fuck i could have passed a breathalyzer. I had at least 8 beers in a fairly short time frame only about an hour and a half before i got pulled over. I am literally stumped by this. But none the less i feel lucky as hell that my life wasn't just turned upside down by a DUI. I didn't even get a speeding ticket. Nothing. They just let me go.

Let me say that i usually never drive under the influence, and doing so last night was a mistake that almost really fucked up my life. I also realize the risk that i could have posed to other drives. I definitely learned from this experience and will never drive under the influence again.

But i still have absolutely no idea how i passed a breathalyzer. If you were to ask me if i was ok to drive last night i would have said no. Self admittedly i felt that i was without a doubt over the legal limit. If i believed in Jesus i would swear that it was divine intervention or something lol. Or maybe that junior bacon cheeseburger from wendys lowered my blood alcohol content just below the legal limit. I have no idea. All i can say is that im glad everyone remained safe, and that i didn't just ruin my future. No more drinking and driving for me though, thats for sure.

Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:22 am

ya i got a OVI in August and still going through it. i didn't blow cause that's what i was told not to so my DL's got taken away but i should be getting them back next month. i got pulled over after Edgar Penn 2 coming back from Hooters with my GF i was driving her car so i was not really used to it. im used to driving a SUV so it kind of screwed me and well she was trying to go down on me so that really made me swerve a lil lol. so i do the whole eye test and all that jazz what fucked me was my speech which i was talking fine before but i guess i got nervous and started slurring a lil bit with the cop. i was put in handcuffs and went to the station and just bullshitted with the cop about the fights and shit that night and my GF came and picked me up. what the county is offering me is 3 days in jail and 3 days of an alcohol treatment program. im trying to get out of the jail time with my lawyer which is weird because no one has ever gotten jail on their first offense which i think i will get out of. after all of this bullshit i am never drinking and driving again it is not worth it im kind of glad i got caught cause there have been times when i do not even remember coming home from drinking.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 am

I had a similar experience when i got pulled over for a break light being out only i admitted that i had some drinks when i was asked but told her that i was not drunk.

I got out of the car, recited the alphabet, counted backwards and then stood on one foot. I was unbalanced when i had to balance each foot but i said before then that i always get wobbly when i'm on one foot..

Well anyway, i blew an 0.06 and went home. Dangerously close. I only drove because i was sure i was nowhere near the limit and i was pretty confident when i got pulled over. I don't know how much the 10 minutes it took for her to check my information and the extra few minutes of easy tests that saved me...probabaly would have went home anyway. I did get a ticket for the light though.

but yeah, be careful.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:44 am

yea definitely a learning experience.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Damn take it easy boys!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:43 pm

You got lucky as hell Oggy! I drank two beers while eating about ten years ago and blew a .08 and was taken to jail for the night. I did down half of the the second beer about five minutes before I got pulled over though. I am sure that is why it was so high. I paid about 2 g's and got it dropped to a public intox and had to wash dishes for about 20hours at the soup kitchen. Then I had to take a two hour bullshit class. That was 35 bucks.
Buncha Booshit!
I have driven so drunk, so many times. I did deserve that one.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:39 am

Yo Oggy you were speeding? While knowingly driving over the limit? That is your real mistake. I admit I drive over the limit far too often, but never am I what I would call "drunk". But I drive with my hands at 10 and 2, seatbelt on, and I drive 100% correct. But to be fair I only drive very short distances while under the infulence. But I also have a bag of bud on me at all times so I drive pretty safe no matter what.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:24 pm

OU wrote:
Yo Oggy you were speeding? While knowingly driving over the limit? That is your real mistake. I admit I drive over the limit far too often, but never am I what I would call "drunk". But I drive with my hands at 10 and 2, seatbelt on, and I drive 100% correct. But to be fair I only drive very short distances while under the infulence. But I also have a bag of bud on me at all times so I drive pretty safe no matter what.

Yea. Honestly i was going 51 in a 40. Still it was stupid. And i completely agree with you when you said "but never am I what I would call "drunk". But I drive with my hands at 10 and 2, seatbelt on, and I drive 100% correct. But to be fair I only drive very short distances while under the influence."

That sounds exactly like how i describe myself in those exact words. Iv'e been driving for 7 years. I've only been pulled over once in my entire life for speeding when i first got my license. So you can imagine how scared i was getting pulled over for the 2nd time in my life being drunk and high as fuck. Not good. But hey i think i did a semi-good job of playing it off as sober. And somehow i blew under the legal limit. I can't explain it. Well one thing is for sure, it was a learning experience. Not got take ANY chances with drinking. Bud is a different story. I could smoke 10 L's to the face and still drive 5 times better than the average american idiot lol.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 pm

oggy420 wrote:
OU wrote:

Yea. Honestly i was going 51 in a 40. Still it was stupid. And i completely agree with you when you said "but never am I what I would call "drunk". But I drive with my hands at 10 and 2, seatbelt on, and I drive 100% correct. But to be fair I only drive very short distances while under the influence."

That sounds exactly like how i describe myself in those exact words. Iv'e been driving for 7 years. I've only been pulled over once in my entire life for speeding when i first got my license. So you can imagine how scared i was getting pulled over for the 2nd time in my life being drunk and high as fuck. Not good. But hey i think i did a semi-good job of playing it off as sober. And somehow i blew under the legal limit. I can't explain it. Well one thing is for sure, it was a learning experience. Not got take ANY chances with drinking. Bud is a different story. I could smoke 10 L's to the face and still drive 5 times better than the average american idiot lol.

lol hell yeah, exactly! That's the truth.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Once my friend got pulled over and i was in the passengers seat piss drunk, the cop asked if i had anything to drink i told him "Yes, the whole bar", the officer nicely asked me to step out of the car and for some reason did a sobriety test to which he responded "you're safer to drive than your friend". he had us park the car and walk home, true story... it was a very cold winter night, but i'd rather walk home than sit in the back of a cruiser
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:41 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Once my friend got pulled over and i was in the passengers seat piss drunk, the cop asked if i had anything to drink i told him "Yes, the whole bar", the officer nicely asked me to step out of the car and for some reason did a sobriety test to which he responded "you're safer to drive than your friend". he had us park the car and walk home, true story... it was a very cold winter night, but i'd rather walk home than sit in the back of a cruiser

In my best Stone Cold Steve Austin voice "Gimmie a Hell Yeah"!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 pm

timthebim wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

In my best Stone Cold Steve Austin voice "Gimmie a Hell Yeah"!!!!!!

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever taken a sobriety test?   Ever taken a sobriety test? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever taken a sobriety test?
Page 1 of 1