Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight

Go down 
+7
timthebim
corydd7
bobbitt15
LA
OU
Jamal
killerofchicken
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight Empty
PostSubject: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:33 am

Quote :
In the months since Wanderlei Silva went on the shelf recovering from a knee injury and subsequent surgery, it seems like practically every middleweight in the division has asked to face him in his comeback fight.

Chael Sonnen, Nate Marquardt, Alan Belcher and Chris Leben are all among the names that have publically lobbied to face the MMA legend. But it seems the most recent man to request Silva may be the one to get the much-desired bout.

Brian Stann is the most likely opponent for Silva upon his return, UFC president Dana White told MMA Fighting.

Though White couldn't offer a specific date for the bout, Silva is expected to be ready to see octagon action in the spring.

Stann (10-3) opened eyes in the middleweight division after a crushing knockout win over Leben in the first round of their UFC 125 bout. The victory made the former WEC light-heavyweight 2-0 as a 185-pounder. Afterward, when asked who he wanted to face next, Stann prefaced his answer by saying he had a deep respect for the man he hoped to step in the cage with.

"I think I'd like to fight Wanderlei [Silva] next," he said then. "He's a guy that I've watched for years. Before I ever put a glove on. He's amazing. He's as tough as they come, as good as they come, and a multiple weight champion. I think I'd like to fight him next, but I'll be prepared for anybody."

Silva's return will come after a layoff of over one year as he recovered from three broken ribs as well as a torn ACL. The 34-year-old Silva (33-10-1, 1 no contest) last fought in February 2010, defeating Michael Bisping by unanimous decision. Months later, he underwent knee surgery.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/01/14/dana-white-wanderlei-silva-likely-to-draw-brian-stann-in-comeba/
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:35 am

good call Dana, i like this fight
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:49 am

He's too dangerous for Wanderlei's comeback fight. Give him Leben or Akiyama first.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:51 am

Jamal wrote:
He's too dangerous for Wanderlei's comeback fight. Give him Leben or Akiyama first.

You're crazy. It's fucking Wandy. No gimme fights. As big as name as possible.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Jamal wrote:
he's dangerous but Wand can handle him and then some
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Usually a long layoff means likely loss, but this fight doesn't worry me too much for Wandy, he'll be himself, and I expect him to catch Stann at one point or another.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:15 pm

LA wrote:
Usually a long layoff means likely loss, but this fight doesn't worry me too much for Wandy, he'll be himself, and I expect him to catch Stann at one point or another.
even if he doesn't catch him i think he wins a dec.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Jamal wrote:

I don't think there would be a big difference between those 3 fights
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Jamal wrote:

I don't think there would be a big difference between those 3 fights
haha, i agree 100%
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:19 pm

I wonder if Stann will look to take it to the ground? If he stands he better hope Wandy's chin has been weakend because he hasnt lost the power yet. Ask Bisbing he felt it the last 10 seconds of every round! With that said if Wandy fights for 15 minutes instead of 30 seconds he wins.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:32 pm

corydd7 wrote:
I wonder if Stann will look to take it to the ground? If he stands he better hope Wandy's chin has been weakend because he hasnt lost the power yet. Ask Bisbing he felt it the last 10 seconds of every round! With that said if Wandy fights for 15 minutes instead of 30 seconds he wins.

i know wandys coming back from injury and his conditioning might not be there, but before the surgery he hasn't shown any lack of conditioning at 185...
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Wanderlei has lost 5 of his last 7 and I think Stann is just starting a good run. Leben would be easier for Wanderlei to ko.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Jamal wrote:
Wanderlei has lost 5 of his last 7 and I think Stann is just starting a good run. Leben would be easier for Wanderlei to ko.
He's won 2 in a row at MW tho, a weight which he's better suited for IMO
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:34 pm

I think Wandy could win a decision.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:44 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Jamal wrote:
He's won 2 in a row at MW tho, a weight which he's better suited for IMO

No he hasn't. He beat Bisping but before that he lost to Franklin.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:00 pm

He beat Franklin imo freak.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:02 pm

Winnable and losable for Wandy..which is pretty much all his fights these days. I expect an entertaining bout coming to a close decision.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Like the fight, should be entertaining.

I think Stann earned the coveted Wandy match up.

From Wand's perspective, if Stann is too tough a fight, long layoff or not, then maybe he should retire. Stann was looked at as pushover vs Leben, now he's too much for Wandy? I scoff at thee, who speaketh so.

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:01 am

Stann got wrestlefucked by Mr Wonderful but since the move to Jackson before the third Cantwell fight his striking has been muuuuch better.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Stann got wrestlefucked by Mr Wonderful but since the move to Jackson before the third Cantwell fight his striking has been muuuuch better.

I don't deny that Stann has been able to raise his stock, but is he a guy Wandy should be avoiding?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:33 pm

I posted a semi erotic breakdown of Brian Stann on BE -

Quote :
At home behind a camera, a machine gun, commanding soldiers, saving lives, under a D-1 football helmet, defeating the worlds best martial artists winning world titles...

Even the shape of his face denotes strength and character subconsciously with it’s features. Symmetrical with a large jaw. He is the archetypal American hero. A movie about his life is already a lock to be produced.

Look at how fast he improved once he left the service and was able to train full time. Somewhat of a sloppy brawler originally, he beat a very young Steve Cantwell. Cantwell, at the time one of the most promising rising prospects then made huge technical improvements and drubbed him in the rematch. But once Cantwell got with Jackson he leap frogged the kid who leap frogged him to take the Rubber match, quite unexpectedly. Amazing stuff. Who does that?

Brain Stann’s sperm is probably worth more than it’s weight in gold. He isn’t genetically engineered to fuck your girlfriend, he’s just engineered to be better than you at everything and anything you’ll attempt in your entire life.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I posted a semi erotic breakdown of Brian Stann on BE -

Quote :
At home behind a camera, a machine gun, commanding soldiers, saving lives, under a D-1 football helmet, defeating the worlds best martial artists winning world titles...

Even the shape of his face denotes strength and character subconsciously with it’s features. Symmetrical with a large jaw. He is the archetypal American hero. A movie about his life is already a lock to be produced.

Look at how fast he improved once he left the service and was able to train full time. Somewhat of a sloppy brawler originally, he beat a very young Steve Cantwell. Cantwell, at the time one of the most promising rising prospects then made huge technical improvements and drubbed him in the rematch. But once Cantwell got with Jackson he leap frogged the kid who leap frogged him to take the Rubber match, quite unexpectedly. Amazing stuff. Who does that?

Brain Stann’s sperm is probably worth more than it’s weight in gold. He isn’t genetically engineered to fuck your girlfriend, he’s just engineered to be better than you at everything and anything you’ll attempt in your entire life.

yeah that went a little overboard at the end.

And u also placed a Cantwell where a Stann should have been in the 2nd to last paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:46 pm

yea i forgot to edit that here
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:17 pm

captain organic wrote:
Like the fight, should be entertaining.

I think Stann earned the coveted Wandy match up.

From Wand's perspective, if Stann is too tough a fight, long layoff or not, then maybe he should retire. Stann was looked at as pushover vs Leben, now he's too much for Wandy? I scoff at thee, who speaketh so.

Great point Captain.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He beat Franklin imo freak.
That's crazy talk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight   Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White: Wanderlei Silva Likely to Face Brian Stann in Comeback Fight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next