Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SNow everywhere

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:22 pm

Snow covers 70% of land in the US today, including Hawaii, Florida the only US state with no snow on the ground.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/0112/Snow-now-in-49-states
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:26 pm

just got 13 inches here. More on the way.....

man we sure need a carbon tax to prevent that global warming...
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:37 pm

oggy420 wrote:
just got 13 inches here. More on the way.....

man we sure need a carbon tax to prevent that global warming...

hahahaha your lack of knowledge on what climate change is has to be one of the dumbest things I have seen. Educate yourself.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:16 pm

i know all about global warming. Im not saying that pollution and man made green house gases don't hurt the ozone. Of course they do. But when it gets down too what scientifically causes climate change, we know that the most significant cause far and away is solar activity. Look at climate history trends. We know for a fact through studying and testing sediments deep in the earth, the history of the climate shows that the planet, based on solar activity, heats up and cools down. For instance, did you know that Antarctica was once a very warm climate.

this is a very interesting show.

Program Description
Almost three miles of ice buries most of Antarctica, cloaking a continent half again as large as the United States. But when an Antarctic ice shelf the size of Manhattan collapsed in less than a month in 2002, it shocked scientists and raised the alarming possibility that Antarctica may be headed for a meltdown. Even a 10 percent loss of Antarctica's ice would cause catastrophic flooding of coastal cities unlike any seen before in human history. What are the chances of a widespread melt? "Secrets Beneath the Ice" explores whether Antarctica's climate past can offer clues to what may happen. NOVA follows a state-of-the-art expedition that is drilling three-quarters of a mile into the Antarctic seafloor. The drill is recovering rock cores that reveal intimate details of climate and fauna from a time in the distant past when the Earth was just a few degrees warmer than it is today. As researchers grapple with the harshest conditions on the planet, they discover astonishing new clues about Antarctica's past—clues that carry ominous implications for coastal cities around the globe.

The video is on this site.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/secrets-beneath-ice.html

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 pm

History doesn't account for present day anthro related impacts though. An area of study that is young. The closest comparatives in history are geologic events which altered the composition of the principle layers of the atmosphere of Earth. Knowledge of such impacts is impossible but scientific method offers the best current idea into such a matter. The compounds and elements which alter chemical reactions which in turn alter the composition and estimated functionality of the layers of the atmosphere are generally agreed to be known. The extent that these compounds and elements are a manufactured by product of human action is not nor their subsequent relationship to the increased reintroduction of such elements already existing which are currently in a state of dormancy. Then talk about the effects to global hydrology, the culmination over the combination is not promising. A wet year is indicative to nothing from a broader perspective.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:27 pm

thats a lot of snow

thats a fucked up gif gdp... fucked up=awesome!

carry on gents
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:28 pm

But seriously! Best snowboarding year EVA!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:29 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
thats a lot of snow

thats a fucked up gif gdp... fucked up=awesome!

carry on gents

There is something so familiar about it to. It's bugging me trying to think if I have seen this on TV or something. $4 to whoever knows what it is, and I'm not paying.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 pm

not sure, although at first the guy getting smacked looked like Danny Devito

not anymore though
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:44 pm

there is no scientific study that links Carbon Dioxide to climate warming. There is however a direct correlation between solar activity and climate warming and cooling.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:00 pm

I don't read everything, but peer reviewed articles are always the best place to start followed by inquires in to those peers.

But seriously, has anyone snowboarded behind a truck?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 12:48 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
I don't read everything, but peer reviewed articles are always the best place to start followed by inquires in to those peers.

But seriously, has anyone snowboarded behind a truck?

Ha ha, my neighbor drove up to me a couple days after we got 30 inches here in NJ, I was working on a kicker that went off of and over my car, and he wanted me to get a rope and and he would tow me around.

The roads, though still snow covered, were real lumpy, so I was like nah. He was drunk as hell too.

Back in the day it was standard procedure to go to the corner on a snow day, and grab onto cars and get dragged around the neighbor hood. Can't believe no one died doing this. They don't do it no more around here though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SNow everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNow everywhere   SNow everywhere Empty

Back to top Go down

SNow everywhere
Page 1 of 1