Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Portrait of Isolation?

Go down 
+2
acccardinal12
MMAEYES
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Portrait of Isolation? Empty
PostSubject: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:32 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jared-lee-loughner-family-portrait-isolation/story?id=12587114&page=2

As everyone trys to find reason for a tragedy without one, it's expected for questions to be raised about the shooters family. I want to point out that just because a family doesn't talk to there neighbors everyday, or maybe don't like there neighbors doesn't mean these are horrible people. I don't know either way but I do believe it is possible that this kid had a regular life. He didn't have to come from a "broken" home to have done what was done. Killers are born not just made.

In this story they call the family a "portrait of isolation" but if they took a look at my family you could call it the same thing, I'm sorry but I just don't talk to my neighbors, my kids don't just get to run all over the neighborhood with the other kids with no one watching them. Being a private person doesn't mean your a badguy. Also try if you can to imagine if this was your kid and you did the best you could to raise him. I just think it's important to wait to find out what these people really are like before they are judged for their parenting skills. And not just ask someone who admitts they don't really know them and go by what they say.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:56 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/jared-lee-loughner-family-portrait-isolation/story?id=12587114&page=2

As everyone trys to find reason for a tragedy without one, it's expected for questions to be raised about the shooters family. I want to point out that just because a family doesn't talk to there neighbors everyday, or maybe don't like there neighbors doesn't mean these are horrible people. I don't know either way but I do believe it is possible that this kid had a regular life. He didn't have to come from a "broken" home to have done what was done. Killers are born not just made.

In this story they call the family a "portrait of isolation" but if they took a look at my family you could call it the same thing, I'm sorry but I just don't talk to my neighbors, my kids don't just get to run all over the neighborhood with the other kids with no one watching them. Being a private person doesn't mean your a badguy. Also try if you can to imagine if this was your kid and you did the best you could to raise him. I just think it's important to wait to find out what these people really are like before they are judged for their parenting skills. And not just ask someone who admitts they don't really know them and go by what they say.

I see what you are saying, but at the same time his parents won't be winning any awards for mom and dad of the year.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:14 pm

I'm saying they could have been parent of the year quality parents and still produce a murderer. Maybe they should have saw signs of this or that but untill we know that they ignored signs we can't judge these people. What if there were no signs? What should or could they have done?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:23 pm

I saw a show that was about a preacher who loved his family, wasn't abusive, his kid killed his wife and shot him in the face over Halo2. His son was born a killer, there's nothing that he could have done deferently as a father to stop what happened, nothing.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:34 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I saw a show that was about a preacher who loved his family, wasn't abusive, his kid killed his wife and shot him in the face over Halo2. His son was born a killer, there's nothing that he could have done deferently as a father to stop what happened, nothing.

I agree with everything you have said. Most Killers are born, but just like soldiers around the world and kids in Darfur they can be made. I am not saying his parents are bad or good people. I don't know them so I won't judge them like you are saying.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:52 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I agree with everything you have said. Most Killers are born, but just like soldiers around the world and kids in Darfur they can be made. I am not saying his parents are bad or good people. I don't know them so I won't judge them like you are saying.

Just checking, we are def on the same page. It just kind of pissed me off when I saw this story and it basically makes it seem like "oh they never talked to any of us, they kept to them selves so they must have something to hind" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 pm

i don't believe that killers are born. Goes back to the nature vs nurture debate. I tend to think that someone's experiences throughout life shape them into what they are and what they do. I will never believe that people are born inherently evil. They become that way.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:43 pm

While not born evil per say, each person is born with the capacity for evil. At least according to Dostoyevsky. According to the church every man, woman, and child is indeed born evil as per cardinal sin. This is why infants are baptized so as to wash away this sin and allow the child to begin life anew with a chance to go to heaven should the child die young.

Nature vs Nurture is a very interesting concept. On the one hand man shapes his environment to suit him. On the other hand man also takes much from his environment to shape himself.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:09 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i don't believe that killers are born. Goes back to the nature vs nurture debate. I tend to think that someone's experiences throughout life shape them into what they are and what they do. I will never believe that people are born inherently evil. They become that way.

What about this kid who came from a loving family and killed his mom and shot his dad over xbox, what made him a killer? Xbox?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Im not familiar with this story. Was there any mental illness? Because sane people do not kill their parents over x-box.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:41 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7826663.stm

Here one link to the story I'm trying to find a better one. I don't think there was any mental illness but if there was and he was born with that mental illness then wouldn't that mean he was born a killer?

Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:53 am

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/1245227634164350.xml&coll=2

The youth shot his mother, Susan, 43, and father, Mark, 47, Oct. 20, 2007. Prosecutors said he told his parents he had a surprise for them and to close their eyes. Then he pulled the trigger. Afterward, Petric, then 16, tried to make it appear as if the shooting were a murder-suicide by placing the gun in his father's hand, authorities said.

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:35 am

MMAEYES wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7826663.stm

Here one link to the story I'm trying to find a better one. I don't think there was any mental illness but if there was and he was born with that mental illness then wouldn't that mean he was born a killer?

thats not really what i meant. I wasn't talking about people who may suffer from mental illness. I mean thats just sick. That kid clearly had something wrong with him. If he just all of a sudden snapped and killed them, and there was really no previous signs that this was a troubled kid then that would be pretty shocking to me.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:43 am

Well obviously I can't tell you for sure Oggy but all signs point to this kid not having any kind of behavor problems before. And his Dad speaks on his behave to this day so that to me says he didn't have sucky abusive parents.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:54 am

Well i cant explain that. Sometimes people do just... snap. I don't know. I think everyone is born with the capability of both good and evil.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Good debate topic. People need to realize that no single human being is ever going to be the same. Some people develop a mental illness, and that drives them into insanity and into murdering people...others have traumatizing things happen in their childhood, which cause them to go over the deep end.

And I know, just from hearing people talk about it on science shows and what not, that some people actually ENJOY causing harm, and or killing people.

Just like in the movie Hostel..there are people that are actually like that from what I have heard.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Its kind of crazy to think of all the serial killers that have come from primarily Northeast Ohio, but from the entire state also. This list is ridiculous.

Charles Manson
Jeffrey Dahmer
Donald Harvey
Anthony Sowell (recently police found 12 dead corpse's in his backyard/home, and suspect more to be in other abandoned homes throughout cleveland from him)
Larry Ralston
Thomas Dillon
Michael Swango
Thaddeus and Gary Lewingdon
Alton Coleman
Debra Brown
Moreland family juvenile baby killer
Eric Elliot
Lewis Gilbert
The Cleveland Torso Muderer (long time ago, never got solved)
Terry Shepard

And then just recently, down in a county called Holmes County (im assuming its out in the boonies), someone got arrested because Police found a couple dead bodies stuffed up inside a tree trunk in someone's backyard...i'll have to look more into that.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:47 pm

damn glad i don't live in Ohio lol
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:51 pm

NoRegret wrote:
And then just recently, down in a county called Holmes County (im assuming its out in the boonies), someone got arrested because Police found a couple dead bodies stuffed up inside a tree trunk in someone's backyard...i'll have to look more into that.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20027794-504083.html

Matthew Hoffman

Authorities said Hoffman killed and dismembered Tina Herrmann, 32, her son, Kody, 11, and a family friend, Stephanie Sprang, 41. Some of the charges against Hoffman stemmed from the kidnapping and rape of Herrmann's teenage daughter. A SWAT team found Herriman's 13-year-old daughter bound and gagged in Hoffman's basement on Nov. 14. Four days later, his attorney led authorities to the bodies of his victims. They were found inside a hollow tree at the Kokosing Nature Preserve near Fredericktown in rural Knox County.

Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:56 pm

I thought I heard something about a couple murders out in Holmes county too?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:43 pm

It is possible to be born with hormonal disorders or abnormal brain function which can cause over aggressive behavior and an unnatural want to hurt/harm people.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:07 pm

LA wrote:
It is possible to be born with hormonal disorders or abnormal brain function which can cause over aggressive behavior and an unnatural want to hurt/harm people.

See I told you guys killers are born lol
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:16 pm

That said, I think more are most likely made, it can be both though if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:49 pm

LA wrote:
That said, I think more are most likely made, it can be both though if you ask me.

I agree completely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portrait of Isolation?   Portrait of Isolation? Empty

Back to top Go down

Portrait of Isolation?
Page 1 of 1