Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question for a college sports fan

Go down 
+3
timthebim
Birdofthad
acccardinal12
7 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

question for a college sports fan Empty
PostSubject: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:46 pm

How is it that Notre Dame plays basketball and other sports in the Big East, yet they remain an Independent in football? I don't see why the Big East let them in if they didn't join in football?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 pm

There not In big east at least didn't think they were. If they are it's cause big east wanted some catholic money
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 pm

They are in the Big East in basketball.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Wow guys thanks for the insight. lol

I think the Big East should give them the oppurtunity to join in football or boot them out of the league all together.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Norte Dame isnt joining the Big East in football no way!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:54 pm

timthebim wrote:
Norte Dame isnt joining the Big East in football no way!

Then they shouldn't play ball at all in any league. Either you are an independent or you're in a conference. It is all about money I guess. They like every game to be against a big named school. The can still schedule 4-5 big named schools that they play now and be in a BCS conference.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Independent is better for them. If they win 9 games the BCS automaticly takes them so they dont have to win a conference to get in. Works better for them also with NBC they dont have to share TV money with the other schools in a conference.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:20 pm

Notre Dame will never be in that pile of shit football conference thank God
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Notre Dame will never be in that pile of shit football conference thank God

LMAO if they ever join a conference it will be the Big 10 which is now a Big 12 but is still called the Big 10 so.....Fuck it!!!!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Notre Dame has way too many rivalries that would get taken away by joining a conference. Michigan, USC, Michigan State, Purdue, Navy...I would hate to see these games go away
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Yeah they would lose USC but they could play Navy Non conference every year.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:32 pm

The Big East is the second best football conference behind the SEC!

There...I said it! Now I won't click on this thread and I will ignore every comment aimed at the BEAST. My hands are over my ears!

CARDS would beat Ohio State, Michigan, Sparty, USC, Oregon, Texas, and those fuckers called the Sooners!

Oh and TCU is the best team in college football......behind WVU and Pitt!

Kiss My a$$
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:33 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
The Big East is the second best football conference behind the SEC!

There...I said it! Now I won't click on this thread and I will ignore every comment aimed at the BEAST. My hands are over my ears!

CARDS would beat Ohio State, Michigan, Sparty, USC, Oregon, Texas, and those fuckers called the Sooners!

Oh and TCU is the best team in college football......behind WVU and Pitt!

Kiss My a$$

No
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:52 am

Notre Dame being independent brings in so much money which they don't have to share. They have a tv contract for only their team. Plus how much the BCS caters to them. I like the Irish but there is no way they would go Big East football. I am surprised they were accepted in other sports but the Big East wanted a super conference in basketball and ND is a decent team that was/is readily available because of its football independence.

I was honestly looking forward to conference realignment when all those talks were going on last year. I hope it happens sometime.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 9:36 am

You have 57 teams that play in the Big East in basketball. Anyone that wants to play in the Big East can play in the Big East Basketball
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Yeah there are alot of teams in the Big East lol.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 pm

When they joined the Big East I'm guessing the conference thought they would eventually get the football program. Notre Dame joined basketball only cause that was their terms and the Big East wanted the name. But fuck Notre Dame in their faces...they will never get a national title shot being an independent, ever.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question for a college sports fan   question for a college sports fan Empty

Back to top Go down

question for a college sports fan
Page 1 of 1