Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?

Go down 
+10
timthebim
captain organic
bobbitt15
Ludo
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
Jamal
OU
Ninja
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is the dark horse of the tournment?
Werdum
Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_lcap9%Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Bigfoot
Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_lcap18%Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Fedor
Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_lcap0%Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Overeem
Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_lcap0%Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sergi
Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_lcap9%Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
AA
Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_lcap18%Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Grim
 18% [ 2 ]
Barnett
Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_lcap27%Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:43 am

Who do you think and why?

I would have to go with Barnett.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 am

Shan Del Rosario. He will beat Johnson and get to step into the real tourny.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:45 am

OU wrote:

Who do you think he will replace?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:49 am

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
OU wrote:

Who do you think he will replace?

Possibly Barnett, he still hasn't been cleared to fight in the US yet. Somone will get hurt, hard to tell who.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:01 pm

If Arlovski gets his mojo back he'll make the final.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Jamal wrote:
i have him making the final actually
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:07 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Jamal wrote:
i have him making the final actually

I'd love to see Fedor vs Arlovski 2 as the final.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:16 pm

I went with Bigfoot. If he gets by Fedor I can see him winning this thing. I wasn't thinking about counting SDR because he wasn't an option. With what is going on with Barnett I can see him stepping into the tourney and doing well. If we are counting the other four guys I am going with SDR. I agree with Jamal that if AA gets his mojo back he might just walk thru his opponents.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:22 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I went with Bigfoot. If he gets by Fedor I can see him winning this thing. I wasn't thinking about counting SDR because he wasn't an option. With what is going on with Barnett I can see him stepping into the tourney and doing well. If we are counting the other four guys I am going with SDR. I agree with Jamal that if AA gets his mojo back he might just walk thru his opponents.

I think SDR can beat Rogers and AA and also have a chance vs just about anyone.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Big foot is the ultimate dark horse here. Most everyone has already written him off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 pm

If Arlovski becomes the fearless striker he used to be and doesn't get overzealous he could very well take out anyone in this tournament with the exception of maybe Overeem. I just have a feeling if he gets matched with Reem that the multi fasceted attack but on the flip side Arlovski is really the only other person besides Fedor that I can see even finding Overeems chin here.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:34 pm

Ludo wrote:
If Arlovski becomes the fearless striker he used to be and doesn't get overzealous he could very well take out anyone in this tournament with the exception of maybe Overeem. I just have a feeling if he gets matched with Reem that the multi fasceted attack but on the flip side Arlovski is really the only other person besides Fedor that I can see even finding Overeems chin here.

Didn't Sergei KO Reem in 07?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:42 pm

I forgot all about Sergei. My bad. Add him in there with the above bolded portion as well.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:45 pm

Ludo wrote:
I forgot all about Sergei. My bad. Add him in there with the above bolded portion as well.

How do you think Shane Del Rosario would do? He holds the distinction of being the first American to become the WBC Heavyweight Muay Thai Champion.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm not sure if Del Rosario could handle Reem just yet. Reem has boatloads more experience both in MMA and pure striking at the elite level. Del Rosario just doesn't strike Me as being ready to step up into the fray of top ten competition just yet. One or two more fights and then toss him a Bigfoot type figure, maybe Rogers and see how he does with that.

I realize styles make fights but experience often determines outcomes where styles alone may not.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Ludo wrote:
I'm not sure if Del Rosario could handle Reem just yet. Reem has boatloads more experience both in MMA and pure striking at the elite level. Del Rosario just doesn't strike Me as being ready to step up into the fray of top ten competition just yet. One or two more fights and then toss him a Bigfoot type figure, maybe Rogers and see how he does with that.

I realize styles make fights but experience often determines outcomes where styles alone may not.

I think Shane would maul Rogers. I love him as a prospect. He is still only like 26-27. I was hoping he would get his wish to face AA, I think Shane takes that one as well.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Arlovski is the ultimate confidence fighter. When he is up he can beat almost anybody but when he is down he can lose to almost anybody.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 pm

moey said it right.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Probably the winner of AA-Sergei because of their route to the finals
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Well Im actually thinking of pickig Silva vs Fedor.

He'll have a major size adv, he has excellent bjj, he has shown good boxing. I could def see him grinding out a win in the 1st rnd.

But I don't see him fairing as well vs Reem, size adv out the window, not a ton of power in the standup, etc.

Does Barnett really count as a dark horse? His talent is well regarded, he is on the weak side of the bracket.

and if we are including alternate's, Im tempted to throw Cormier into the mix, not the 1st alternate, but a more dangerous guy imo.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? 15795
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:51 pm

captain organic wrote:
Well Im actually thinking of pickig Silva vs Fedor.

He'll have a major size adv, he has excellent bjj, he has shown good boxing. I could def see him grinding out a win in the 1st rnd.

But I don't see him fairing as well vs Reem, size adv out the window, not a ton of power in the standup, etc.

Does Barnett really count as a dark horse? His talent is well regarded, he is on the weak side of the bracket.

and if we are including alternate's, Im tempted to throw Cormier into the mix, not the 1st alternate, but a more dangerous guy imo.

Eh. no you're not Surprised
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Well the guy I think will win it is Overeem, but my Dark Horse is Bret Rogers. If he gets by Grim he has already Koed AA and would be in the finals. He cant beat reem but he was holding his own against fedor for a while. So I pick Grim.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm

SDR would beat Rogers.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7OPW7SemTt9cCl_hnJTZ2zKp54uYgZrPtmyYQpoEzeU6PuyEa5A
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?   Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Horse of the Strifeforce HW tournment?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next