Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann Empty
PostSubject: Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann   Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Great. Now the leg humpers are coming to womens MMA.

Olympic Silver Medalist McMann Inks Deal with Strikeforce ShareThis
By Mike Whitman (mwhitman@sherdog.com)

Monday, December 27 12:35 am PT: Olympic freestyle wrestling silver medalist Sara McMann has signed with Strikeforce.

McMann spoke exclusively with Sherdog.com about the details of her new deal.

“I am confirmed for three fights on the Challengers series,” said McMann. “I have no idea who will be my first opponent, but I [will be fighting] at 135 pounds. I think that they will be matching me up with people who are comparative to my MMA level to make the fights exciting and give me more experience.”

The Maryland native won silver in the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens and has medaled thrice at the FILA World Championships, taking home silver in 2003 and bronze in both 2005 and 2007. All of her medals were won at 63 kg (138 pounds). McMann is the first American woman to win silver in freestyle wrestling, earning her medal at the first games in which the event was available to females. Though she holds a wealth of experience

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann   Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Oh really? You know this chic here studied dance her whole life but still managed to pull off a slam like this.

Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann 2duwqx
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann   Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:33 pm

I honestly can stand watching women MMA so this is just another good addition for the division in SF
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann   Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:30 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Great. Now the leg humpers are coming to womens MMA.

Olympic Silver Medalist McMann Inks Deal with Strikeforce ShareThis
By Mike Whitman (mwhitman@sherdog.com)

Monday, December 27 12:35 am PT: Olympic freestyle wrestling silver medalist Sara McMann has signed with Strikeforce.

McMann spoke exclusively with Sherdog.com about the details of her new deal.

“I am confirmed for three fights on the Challengers series,” said McMann. “I have no idea who will be my first opponent, but I [will be fighting] at 135 pounds. I think that they will be matching me up with people who are comparative to my MMA level to make the fights exciting and give me more experience.”

The Maryland native won silver in the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens and has medaled thrice at the FILA World Championships, taking home silver in 2003 and bronze in both 2005 and 2007. All of her medals were won at 63 kg (138 pounds). McMann is the first American woman to win silver in freestyle wrestling, earning her medal at the first games in which the event was available to females. Though she holds a wealth of experience

Kings tell me that first comment was a jest...
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann   Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:18 am

It was wolfy...i'm happy more decorated female athletes are coming into MMA. Especially the recent muay thai champ and now olympic wrestler who have signed with Strikeforce. In a couple of years there will be enough depth at each weight to where arguments such as "there are too many mismatches in womens MMA"(Dana White/paraphrase) will be null...i agree with that now, but womens MMA is still in it's infancy. Soon they will have to find a new criticism of womens MMA without sounding sexist.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann   Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:31 am

Kings what is going on in your sig?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann   Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:40 am

No clue. I saw it posted at another forum and it just made me laugh for some reason. My guess is somebody was barking at Tank Abbott as he was walking away from the cage and Tank stared him down.

Maybe Bird knows.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann   Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:53 am

Ok, I thought that's what it was just wasn't sure if there was some story behind it that I was unaware of
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann   Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann Empty

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce signs female olympic silver medalist wrestler Sara McMann
Page 1 of 1