Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GSP "I lift weights for looks"

Go down 
+3
NoRegret
Andrew the Raider King
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

GSP "I lift weights for looks" Empty
PostSubject: GSP "I lift weights for looks"   GSP "I lift weights for looks" EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 12:49 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/12/10/1868028/ufc-quick-quote-georges-st-pierre-never-does-strength-and
"I don't believe in strength and conditioning. I never do strength and conditioning. I do not believe that running on a treadmill or doing I don't know what, so called machine. I don't believe that's going to help you have better cardio for a fight. I think everything in fighting is about efficiency ... In the UFC, I do believe everyone is in shape. We're all athletes, you know, but the reason I believe a guy is more tired than another guy, is because one guy is more efficient than the other. One guy is able to bring the fight to where he is strongest, and the other guy to where he is out of his comfort zone ... The only reason it is good to lift weights, to do bench press, and stuff like that, I believe, is because it is going to make me more marketable, and to keep myself looking more symmetric, with a better image, which is very important, because if you look good, you feel good, and if you feel good, you do good. There's nothing wrong with that you know ... Yeah, I lift weights for looks. Yeah, I am gonna admit it. Sometimes after I'm training, I'm gonna lift weights, but I'm not doing it because I'm gonna punch harder, or I'm gonna be stronger, because it has nothing to do with it. I'm doing it because you know, I want to to be like you know, have a good shape. I do it for myself."
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: GSP "I lift weights for looks"   GSP "I lift weights for looks" EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:18 pm

I guess he does this before he has sex with himself...
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: GSP "I lift weights for looks"   GSP "I lift weights for looks" EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:21 pm

Thats the only reason I lift weights...what's the big deal?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: GSP "I lift weights for looks"   GSP "I lift weights for looks" EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 8:17 pm

umm... lifting weights does actually make you stronger, and running does improve your cardio. So im not really sure wtf he is talking about.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: GSP "I lift weights for looks"   GSP "I lift weights for looks" EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Well, his belief on strength and conditioning is wrong but the only reason i lift weights more than a little bit is to look good as well.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: GSP "I lift weights for looks"   GSP "I lift weights for looks" EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 11:26 pm

There are many reasons to lift weights, and many ways to lift weights, if he is not pushing heavy weight and he is throwing down 12-15 reps then all he would be doing would be toning and his statement makes sense, and I do think he he is half right if you are comfortable you are going to get less tired during the fight, but that extra running especially when your legs and lungs are burning and you have two minutes left is an amazing way to push yourself past the limits you think you have and get stronger, plus not to mention how it can help you mentally.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: GSP "I lift weights for looks"   GSP "I lift weights for looks" EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 11:50 pm

Not really a big deal to me. He lifts to look good like 98 percent of every other person in the world that lifts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GSP "I lift weights for looks"   GSP "I lift weights for looks" Empty

Back to top Go down

GSP "I lift weights for looks"
Page 1 of 1