Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors

Go down 
+10
Wolfgangsta
franklinfan2
killerofchicken
SOKO
SlickMoneyXL
NoRegret
timthebim
Birdofthad
Ziggy116
KingsOwn19
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors Empty
PostSubject: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Every actor that has fallen off has that movie which was the starting point, the one movie where you know they star might dim.

Easy examples

John Travolta- Battlefield Earth

They are still trying with Travolta after this but it's not happening. He's not a headline name for a movie if you hope for it to make any money.

Kevin Costner - The Postman

Whatever Waterworld might have started, the Postman definetly finished.

Michael Camino - Heavens Gate

I don't know if that movie was really all that shitty but it definetly destroyed him after Deer Hunter was such a hit

I'm trying to locate the films that destroyed the following

Kurt Russell
Vince Vaugn
Val Kilmer
Ashley Judd
Jeff Goldblum
Ethan Hawke
Keanu Reeves
Billy Bob Thornton(come on guys, he's playing second fiddle to The Rock in some B-movie)
Robin Williams
William H. Macy
Martin Lawrence
Tim Allen
Eddie Murphy
Dennis Hopper (i know he's dead but he was starring in some real d-level shit in the 2000's)

Sometimes it's a case of being typecast which i think has really hurt Billy Bob as the years have gone by. It seemed after Bad Santa, every role for the next few years was of some crude middle aged guy with a drinking and butt fucking habit.

Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:52 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Every actor that has fallen off has that movie which was the starting point, the one movie where you know they star might dim.

Easy examples

They are still trying with Travolta after this but it's not happening. He's not a headline name for a movie if you hope for it to make any money.

I don't know if that movie was really all that shitty but it definetly destroyed him after Deer Hunter was such a hit

Kurt Russell
Vince Vaugn
Val Kilmer
Ashley Judd
Jeff Goldblum
Ethan Hawke
Keanu Reeves
Billy Bob Thornton(come on guys, he's playing second fiddle to The Rock in some B-movie)
Robin Williams
William H. Macy
Martin Lawrence
Tim Allen
Eddie Murphy

Sometimes it's a case of being typecast which i think has really hurt Billy Bob as the years have gone by. It seemed after Bad Santa, every role for the next few years was of some crude middle aged guy with a drinking and butt fucking habit.

Eddie Murphy hasn't been good since Coming to America, outside of Nutty Professor. Seriously, look at his list of shit.
Billy Bob just gave up after Sling Blade I guess.

Surprised that Samuel L Jackson isn't on that list considering his giant piles of garbage in past years.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:55 pm

biggest example ever

Batman and Robin

the guy that directed that made his debut and it was his only time to direct a movie

congrats dude you killed of the original Batman franchise
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Add

Kevin Spacey
Helen Hunt
Geena Davis
Thora Birch
Edward Furlong
Juliette Lewis
Lawrence Fishburne
Ralph Fiennes

NOTE: if they are on some TV show like Law and Order. They qualify.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Williams H Macy and Eddie Murphy were up for oscars 2 years ago werent they?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Kevin Spacey - KPaxx
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Chevy Chase Vegas Vacation
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:00 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Easy examples

Kurt Russell
Vince Vaugn
Val Kilmer
Ashley Judd
Jeff Goldblum
Ethan Hawke
Keanu Reeves
Robin Williams
William H. Macy
Martin Lawrence
Tim Allen
Eddie Murphy

Eddie Murphy hasn't been good since Coming to America, outside of Nutty Professor. Seriously, look at his list of shit.

Surprised that Samuel L Jackson isn't on that list considering his giant piles of garbage in past years.

I'm talking about star power, acclaim, getting the big roles still.

It's your opinion that Murphy has not been good since Coming to America and i might agree with that but he was definetly a huge star and bigger than ever for the next 10 years after that. I'm thinking Pluto Nash was the obvious answer for star bomber because he's been eitheir living off past acts like the Nutty Professor or lending his voice to a jackass ever since.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Williams H Macy and Eddie Murphy were up for oscars 2 years ago werent they?

I know Murphy was up for Dreamgirls, but ever since Wild Hogs and the low key but potentially damaging Edmond you don't see Macy in the big movies anymore and now he's on a Showtime program.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Good call on K-Pax Bird. That or Pay it Forward might have been the dagger for Kevin Spacey as THE GUY.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:09 pm

KPax just sucked
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:10 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ziggy116 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Easy examples

Kurt Russell
Vince Vaugn
Val Kilmer
Ashley Judd
Jeff Goldblum
Ethan Hawke
Keanu Reeves
Robin Williams
William H. Macy
Martin Lawrence
Tim Allen
Eddie Murphy

I'm talking about star power, acclaim, getting the big roles still.

It's your opinion that Murphy has not been good since Coming to America and i might agree with that but he was definetly a huge star and bigger than ever for the next 10 years after that. I'm thinking Pluto Nash was the obvious answer for star bomber because he's been eitheir living off past acts like the Nutty Professor or lending his voice to a jackass ever since.

Oh ok I gotcha. If that's the case though, you honestly can't have anyone on any list. Hollywood is stupid, every person named here could get a starring role in a blockbuster, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:24 pm

I think WildHogs was absolutely terrible and killed 4 careers with 1 stone LOL. Tim Allen, John Travolta, Martin Lawerence, and William Macy! Killed all of them LOL.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:57 am

Ziggy116 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Easy examples

Kurt Russell
Vince Vaugn
Val Kilmer
Ashley Judd
Jeff Goldblum
Ethan Hawke
Keanu Reeves
Robin Williams
William H. Macy
Martin Lawrence
Tim Allen
Eddie Murphy

Eddie Murphy hasn't been good since Coming to America, outside of Nutty Professor. Seriously, look at his list of shit.Billy Bob just gave up after Sling Blade I guess.

What are you talking about? Norbit was absolute gold! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:17 am

shit Norbit 200 million
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:08 am

No one liked Life with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:09 am

i loved it slick
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:09 am

and it got some oscar nom's
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:56 am

any kids movie duane johnson makes and any movie john cena makes period. I guess Im hating on the wrestlers. Duane is much better at his action flicks no doubt.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:11 am

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
that was an awesome movie, i loved it
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:59 am

sokolkevin wrote:
any kids movie duane johnson makes and any movie john cena makes period. I guess Im hating on the wrestlers. Duane is much better at his action flicks no doubt.

I liked the Rundown with The Rock and Seann William Scott, I thought that was a pretty comical movie, with some decent action to it.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:47 am

NoRegret wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:

I liked the Rundown with The Rock and Seann William Scott, I thought that was a pretty comical movie, with some decent action to it.

not bad at all and his new one looks pretty good.
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Adam Sandler - Don't Mess with the Zohan
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:51 pm

franklinfan2 wrote:
Adam Sandler - Don't Mess with the Zohan
LOL, what a stupid movie!
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:16 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:

I liked it but that movie had a chance to be something much better than it was. Kinda disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors   Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies that damaged careers of actors and directors
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next