Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator

Go down 
+4
KingsOwn19
timthebim
captain organic
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:21 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/11/30/1847779/todd-duffee-has-turned-down-offers-from-both-bellator-and-strikeforce
Todd Duffee has turned down offers from both Bellator and Strikeforce, according to Josh Gross. Apparently, he was offered a fight with Antonio Silva at the upcoming "Henderson vs Babalu" event and decided not to take it.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:44 pm

was he offered the Silva fight because of the reem injury? Past up an oppurtunity to jump right into the SF title mix.

tough spot though. I wonder how much they offered him.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Not sure but that would be a very big win if hewas able to pull the upset. I wonder if it was just to short notice or was it the money?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:08 am

timthebim wrote:
Not sure but that would be a very big win if hewas able to pull the upset. I wonder if it was just to short notice or was it the money?

probably some of both. Considering his age, I'd say it was a good move turning it down.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:18 am

captain organic wrote:
timthebim wrote:

probably some of both. Considering his age, I'd say it was a good move turning it down.

Probably right.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:07 am

No contending HW or prospect HW with anything to lose is accepting a fight with Silva on less than a weeks notice. Duffee made the easy call. Mike Kyle is a great replacement all things considered. Not much to lose here, unless he gets embarrased.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:09 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
No contending HW or prospect HW with anything to lose is accepting a fight with Silva on less than a weeks notice. Duffee made the easy call. Mike Kyle is a great replacement all things considered. Not much to lose here, unless he gets embarrased.

is there really alot to lose if u take the fight on 2 weeks notice though? If u lose the excuse is already built in and if u win it is a huge jump in his career. I really dont think he should have took the fight either but just saying.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:38 am

just read that this morning and does not make a whole lot of sense to me. A win over silva would of put him in the mix regardless if he was going to get paid peanuts.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:19 am

if he turned down offers from both Belator and Strikeforce then what is he gonna do? DREAM? im a little confused here
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:32 am

killerofchicken wrote:
if he turned down offers from both Belator and Strikeforce then what is he gonna do? DREAM? im a little confused here

It said he is going to take a fight on a smaller show.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:04 am

sokolkevin wrote:
just read that this morning and does not make a whole lot of sense to me. A win over silva would of put him in the mix regardless if he was going to get paid peanuts.

Pretty sure's coming off knee surgery and was getting less than a week's notice to fight a top 10 HW. Not much of a point. Plus he may not care about getting in the mix in SF. He probably wants to KO a few scrubs on small shows and try to get back in the UFC
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:14 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:

Pretty sure's coming off knee surgery and was getting less than a week's notice to fight a top 10 HW. Not much of a point. Plus he may not care about getting in the mix in SF. He probably wants to KO a few scrubs on small shows and try to get back in the UFC

That is what I was thinking. He may not want to piss Dana off more by going with SF or Bellator. Might be hoping to get a quick call back.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Yeah, i think Duffee wants to do a few one offs and get back in the UFC. He probably figures showing an attitude adjustment is more important than the amount of fights he wins. He can win one fight for Shark Fights or something and be back in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:33 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

He may have only turned down THIS deal with SF. I don't think it necessarily means he will not sign a different deal
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:07 pm

What happened to the guy that said, "That was an appetizer, I want to eat now Dana, let me eat!"

Maybe it's a good move to not take fights. Maybe not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator   Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator Empty

Back to top Go down

Todd Duffee turned down Bigfoot fight, SF and Bellator
Page 1 of 1