Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greg Jackson fires back at Dana

Go down 
+6
timthebim
OU
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
MMAEYES
SOKO
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Greg Jackson fires back at Dana Empty
PostSubject: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:06 pm

So do you guys agree with Greg or what. Yes a few of his fighters are fitch like but would have to agree with greg based on the stats.

"Here's a quick stat for you. So there's been 22 [UFC events] this year? We had 12 bonuses so far this year. So one out of every two, one of my fighters got 'Submission of the Night,' 'Knockout of the Night,' or 'Fight of the Night.' [Dana] wants to say there's a consistency? Okay, let's look at statistical consistencies. Let's look at Jon Jones, who has finished every fight with me in the first round, except for that Matt Hamill one, which would have been a first-round stoppage anyway if he hadn't thrown that illegal elbow. Let's look at Carlos Condit, who had Fight of the Night and Knockout of the Night. Even people on the undercard who people don't really know yet. Kyle Noke, two finishes, both in the second round. Almost everybody on our team finishes consistently. It didn't bug me until Dana said it. Fans are fans, but Dana said that and, you know, I've worked really hard in his organization. If you look at my stats, they're insane. Imagine you give your life to something and then your boss comes up and says, 'Man, you suck.'"

http://www.mmamania.com/
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:20 pm

So what he's denying that he corners guys to play it safe? Just cause he does have a couple guys that are down to bang.........and Jonny Bones. Doesn't mean Dana wasn't right imo
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:34 pm

He's kinda skewing the numbers his way a little...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:42 pm

I think both are right and wrong, Dana being more wrong though. I don't think any of them attempt to win a decision but there have been times guys have maybe settled into that path late in fights. It is really more about the fighters, not just Greg's either. Some opponents are just better or good enough to create scenario's that lead to discussions about this. Jackson has a lot of fighters he trains and represents so it's easiest to say he has a lot of whatever kind of fighters.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:47 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19283/ufc-champ-georges-st-pierre-i-fight-safe-and-im-not-going-to-hide-it.mma
"I fight safe, and I'm not going to hide it."
"I'm fighting safe," St-Pierre admitted. "Every time I step into the octagon, my life is in jeopardy. For me, it's more important to not get hit than to hit the guy. I will never fight in a way [in which] I fight like I flip a coin.

"I never took risks. The only fight I took a risk was when I fought Matt Serra, and I went in a stupid exchange, and it was not smart. I got caught; Serra beat me fair and square, and he deserved the victory that night. But it taught me a good lesson, and I don't want it to happen again."

^
I think that is the mentality Dana is talking about.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:56 pm

I hate GSP!!!!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:12 pm

timthebim wrote:
I hate GSP!!!!

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:53 pm

OU wrote:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/19283/ufc-champ-georges-st-pierre-i-fight-safe-and-im-not-going-to-hide-it.mma
"I fight safe, and I'm not going to hide it."
"I'm fighting safe," St-Pierre admitted. "Every time I step into the octagon, my life is in jeopardy. For me, it's more important to not get hit than to hit the guy. I will never fight in a way [in which] I fight like I flip a coin.

"I never took risks. The only fight I took a risk was when I fought Matt Serra, and I went in a stupid exchange, and it was not smart. I got caught; Serra beat me fair and square, and he deserved the victory that night. But it taught me a good lesson, and I don't want it to happen again."

^
I think that is the mentality Dana is talking about.

That is what most fans feel too. I don't think you can knock it too seriously though still. He is saying he he will fight intelligently and not like an idiot more or less. He tries to beat guys still. It's easier to get pissed because GSP is in 5 round fights and when his opponents won't be finished it magnifies the frustration.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Dana will argue at the highest level his guys become "fight not to losers" instead of "fighters" and sight Rashad, GSP and Nate's most recent performances all with title implications, with a little Melvin Guillard sprinkled on top.

But Jackson hasn't even countered with Leonard Garcia or Cub Swanson who fought in two of the most insane UFC or WEC fights all year yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:59 pm

I think Dana is just tired of GSP not taking any chances at all. On my list of fighters not interested in finishing its 1.Fitch and 2.GSP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:29 am

GSP is my favorite fighter and I like the way he fights. You fight to win and he's 1 of the best at it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:41 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
GSP is my favorite fighter and I like the way he fights. You fight to win and he's 1 of the best at it.

U are right u do fight to win, but u have to entertain also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:53 am

I find him entertaining. Also, you don't have to entertain but it's a plus if you do.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:54 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I find him entertaining. Also, you don't have to entertain but it's a plus if you do.

Well if u dont Dana will fire your ass LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:57 am

If he hasn't fired Jon Fitch and just hired Jake Shields then he wont fire anybody as long as they are top 5.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:58 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
If he hasn't fired Jon Fitch and just hired Jake Shields then he wont fire anybody as long as they are top 5.

I agree there.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:02 am

They are trying to entertain, but they are also people as well who like GSP in his quote realize they could get seriously fucked up in there, I do not like the take em down and lay on em approach, even in the fight with Hardy Jackson told GSP to do nothing until the last minute of the round and hold em down, we all want to see action and to make most Jackson fighters fight with excitement you have to take them out of the gameplan and few have. We saw what happened when Machida and Serra did it, and we will see if Kos wants to play it safe as well, or try to make something happen.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:04 am

I definitely think Kos takes the fight to GSP.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:48 am

isnt like that with every camp though. some fighters play it safe and some dont. at the same time not all can be like lytle. stuck in the middle of the division. entertainin but will always come up short againt the best. his fight against kos is a perfect example of what guys off thier back should do against wrestlers. fight back and get pounded on and bloodied up but at the same time put on a show. had some like daley done this during his kos match up , the fight woudl of been more entertainin. sure he might of gotten bloodied up like chris did but at least it would of been entertainin compared to how he was just trying to hold on to kos from his back waiting to be stood up
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:54 am

Hi my name is mmaeyes and I'm a GSP hater. But I do acknowledge that he does try to finish fights, don't let the hate cloud reality, if you think GSP wasn't trying to finish Fitch I'd like you to view that fight once more. Nobody finishes Alves so you can't hold that against him, and he nearly broke Hardys arm in a sub that anyone of us would have tapped to.

So hate on GSP haters, fuck him, but don't say he doesn't try to finish fights. He does play it safe maybe alittle too safe but the cheating bastard does try to finish fights imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:00 am

For the 1st time ever i'm going to cheer for Penn when he fights Fitch just so GSP can beat on him again.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:11 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
For the 1st time ever i'm going to cheer for Penn when he fights Fitch just so GSP can beat on him again.

Your secretly a bigger BJ fan than me lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:18 am

I can't stand the arrogant fucker. GSP-Penn 2 was 1 of my favorite ever moments in MMA.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:44 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I can't stand the arrogant fucker. GSP-Penn 2 was 1 of my favorite ever moments in MMA.

It would have been a great moment for us BJ fans had GSP fought fair!!!!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 am

timthebim wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

It would have been a great moment for us BJ fans had GSP fought fair!!!!

+1000 Your gonna get me in trouble getting me started on this lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson fires back at Dana   Greg Jackson fires back at Dana Empty

Back to top Go down

Greg Jackson fires back at Dana
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next