Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

30 for 30-Marcus Dupree

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

30 for 30-Marcus Dupree Empty
PostSubject: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Watched this show I recorded on espn about this guy I had never heard of named Marcus Dupree who was a badass RB as a freshman for OU back in the day. I know there's a bunch of OU fans on here who probably knew about him but I had no idea. The whole time I was watching it my jaw was on the floor thinking to myself "how do I not know who this guy is?" then by the end of the show I figured it out. Because he was a fool.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:05 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Watched this show I recorded on espn about this guy I had never heard of named Marcus Dupree who was a badass RB as a freshman for OU back in the day. I know there's a bunch of OU fans on here who probably knew about him but I had no idea. The whole time I was watching it my jaw was on the floor thinking to myself "how do I not know who this guy is?" then by the end of the show I figured it out. Because he was a fool.

That "Rev" should be shot on site. Piece of shit took advantage of a young kid in a bad situation. If it wasn't for that 1 man he would have returned to OU and the story would be much different. That 1 man fooled a kid into thinking he was a "friend" when really he weaseled his way into his agent.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:15 pm

I agree OU that guy was a snake.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:17 pm

But also Marcus seemed like a big baby.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:28 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

He was so young, he was just so big he looked older. He was under alot of pressure. His family didn't have money, a ton of medical bills because of his little brother. Plenty of uncles and cousins wanting hand outs. He had alot on his plate at such a young age. He was only 14 when he became the man in his town.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:33 pm

That 30 for 30 was great. By the end of the story I felt terrible for him. He was screwed by a so called friend and made some really bad decisions.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:43 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

He was so young, he was just so big he looked older. He was under alot of pressure. His family didn't have money, a ton of medical bills because of his little brother. Plenty of uncles and cousins wanting hand outs. He had alot on his plate at such a young age. He was only 14 when he became the man in his town.

I was refering to him crybabing about the coaches and playing time and injuries. He lost a game so he quit. And no matter how big a snake that "Rev" was how dumb do you gotta be to let someone else take your money like that. And lots of Athletes crumble under the same "pressure" he was under and they don't get a pitty pass.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:50 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I was refering to him crybabing about the coaches and playing time and injuries. He lost a game so he quit. And no matter how big a snake that "Rev" was how dumb do you gotta be to let someone else take your money like that. And lots of Athletes crumble under the same "pressure" he was under and they don't get a pitty pass.

Not many athletes had the same kind of pressure as this kid. From his family and his town. His little brothers situation clearly effected him. The "Rev" was in his head from a young age. He was telling him "you don't deserve to be treated like that, we wouldn't treat you like that". Things like that, brain washing this young kid. I agree he didn't handle the tough coaching well but that "friend" in his ear didn't help things.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:52 pm

I am sure there are plenty of kids that this happens to that we just hear about.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:59 pm

timthebim wrote:
I am sure there are plenty of kids that this happens to that we just hear about.

With that talent? At the age of 14? I think we would hear about it. Which is my point. The pressure on this kid was something serious. Even compared to other athletes. He was the highest recruited player in the history of football. He had crooked family members(most do). Like I said before, his brothers situation clearly effected him in many ways. I know others have tough situations too but that doesn't mean it was an easy thing to handle.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:31 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

That "Rev" should be shot on site. Piece of shit took advantage of a young kid in a bad situation. If it wasn't for that 1 man he would have returned to OU and the story would be much different. That 1 man fooled a kid into thinking he was a "friend" when really he weaseled his way into his agent.

Havent seen it yet but want too. Sounds like Don King
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Check it out Ziggy it's good. The story reminds me of about 5 guys I knew of that came from my area(one of them was my best friend). None of course had Duprees talent but they all somehow fucked up playing division 1 college football cause of their own stupid mistakes. It's really sad

even the one guy I know that did follow his dream and got recuited to OSU messed shit up for himself, and he would have been a starter at OL his whole senior year but Tressel kept catching him violating team rules. He ended up only starting two games his senior year because of suspension against michigan and the bowl game vs the gators, but at least he kicked ass against Michigan.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 4:07 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Check it out Ziggy it's good. The story reminds me of about 5 guys I knew of that came from my area(one of them was my best friend). None of course had Duprees talent but they all somehow fucked up playing division 1 college football cause of their own stupid mistakes. It's really sad

even the one guy I know that did follow his dream and got recuited to OSU messed shit up for himself, and he would have been a starter at OL his whole senior year but Tressel kept catching him violating team rules. He ended up only starting two games his senior year because of suspension against michigan and the bowl game vs the gators, but at least he kicked ass against Michigan.

We had a RB at my high school I was friends with that did the same thing. His backup was a kid named DJ Wolfe that went on to play for OU. This guy was better then DJ. But he got into drugs and started doing dumb shit and just snowballed into a big mess. Kid could have really been something. He wasn't the only one just the most talented one.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 4:19 pm

I bet we all know of someone who fucked up a bunch of talent. I use to go to the highschool games and watch a guy named Mike Harris run the ball all over other towns. He averaged 250 yards a game and still is number 21 in OHIO for yards in a season with 2567 yards. Was highly recuited went to arizona to play. First week of practice another player got stabbed by some hispanic gang like 30 times, Mike got scared and came home to be a nobody.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:59 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

Yea I will for sure and I agree we all prolly know people that really fucked up, whether it was athletics or not. Sounds like a show to slit your wrists to though.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 30 for 30-Marcus Dupree   30 for 30-Marcus Dupree Empty

Back to top Go down

30 for 30-Marcus Dupree
Page 1 of 1