Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Damn DirecTV

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Damn DirecTV Empty
PostSubject: Damn DirecTV   Damn DirecTV EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:11 pm

The bastards dropped the VS network. Now I've got to become creative to catch WEC fights. This really pisses me off... Hey Zuffa, you want to score points with the public, either lean on DirecTV to get VS back on or take the WEC to another network.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Damn DirecTV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DirecTV   Damn DirecTV EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:23 pm

you should be able to find them online fairly easy online, not the same though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Damn DirecTV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DirecTV   Damn DirecTV EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Ya, cause Zuffa has enough clout to lean on a world wide TV provider. There is a reason Zuffa has been banished to the neither realm of VS and Spike TV.

This may lead to the WEC being merged into the UFC though. Or at the very least bringing them to Spike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Damn DirecTV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DirecTV   Damn DirecTV EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, cause Zuffa has enough clout to lean on a world wide TV provider. There is a reason Zuffa has been banished to the neither realm of VS and Spike TV.

This may lead to the WEC being merged into the UFC though. Or at the very least bringing them to Spike.

Could it mean they move to PPV? I don't see them doing very well in PPV so I doubt it, I just know it was brought up before about WEC eventually having PPVs.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Damn DirecTV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DirecTV   Damn DirecTV EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:48 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Ya, cause Wolfy has enough smarts to comment on any and every subject that pops up. There is a reason that Wolfy has been banished to the realm of forum moderator on a back alley obscure MMA forum...

Seriously, do you ever see a post that you don't have a negative take on, Wolf? Wait, that's unfair... You don't ever see a post of mine that you don't have a negative take on...

Alright Wolf... Lay out the current deal, what VS was asking for in a new deal and then explain exactly why Zuffa wouldn't have enough clout to help VS get a deal worked out. Remember that Zuffa isn't the only VS partner at stake here, so they wouldn't be the only ones on the phone here... Dazzle me...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Damn DirecTV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DirecTV   Damn DirecTV EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:52 pm

Because, according to DirectTV, Comcast who owns vs, lodged unfair demands at DirectTV to renew the contract, so that DirectTV either has to pay unfair market value and thus raise their prices, or drop the channel all together so Comcast can then say "hey look we got this channel they don't were sooo much better".

This is all about the TV provider war. Also DirectTV said that they offered to continue airng VS temporarily so they could continue talks and work it out without a blackout for customers, but as soon as the deadline came Comcast just pulled the plug. Zuffa would have little clout here. The NFL can't even strong arm Comcast to carry the channels they want in the tiers they want, so we should expect a relative fringe sport with as much collective value as a single NFL team to be able to influence negotations between two corporate giant rivals with their stake in a tiny TV deal for their stepchild promotion that is so lucrative it causes payouts for their biggest stars to be in the 10-20 K range? really LTFG?

LTFG, don't take it personal. What you said just made no sense. If anyone else said I would have treated it the same. Not my fault you continue to find yourself on the wrong end of these discussions with me man. I keep trying to bury the hatchet honestly.

Anyway, VS is a fringe network that the world could live without. The mainstream media bashed the shit out of the NHL for going with them, and besides NHL(which im not even sure still has a contract with VS) what else do they play? Bullriding? Does anyone even watch that?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Damn DirecTV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DirecTV   Damn DirecTV EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Because, according to DirectTV, Comcast who owns vs, lodged unfair demands at DirectTV to renew the contract, so that DirectTV either has to pay unfair market value and thus raise their prices, or drop the channel all together so Comcast can then say "hey look we got this channel they don't were sooo much better".

This is all about the TV provider war. Also DirectTV said that they offered to continue airng VS temporarily so they could continue talks and work it out without a blackout for customers, but as soon as the deadline came Comcast just pulled the plug. Zuffa would have little clout here. The NFL can't even strong arm Comcast to carry the channels they want in the tiers they want, so we should expect a relative fringe sport with as much collective value as a single NFL team to be able to influence negotations between two corporate giant rivals with their stake in a tiny TV deal for their stepchild promotion that is so lucrative it causes payouts for their biggest stars to be in the 10-20 K range? really LTFG?

LTFG, don't take it personal. What you said just made no sense. If anyone else said I would have treated it the same. Not my fault you continue to find yourself on the wrong end of these discussions with me man. I keep trying to bury the hatchet honestly.

Anyway, VS is a fringe network that the world could live without. The mainstream media bashed the shit out of the NHL for going with them, and besides NHL(which im not even sure still has a contract with VS) what else do they play? Bullriding? Does anyone even watch that?

Seriously... They are asking fo an extra 2.7 million. That's chump change in the real world. VS also has the NHL, NCAA football, NCAA basketball, Formula 1 racing, PBR, Tour De France and other entities on their side making calls. We all know that no one signs the first offer. This will get solved and will be back on sooner than later at about half the current offer. Fringe network or not, they carry some very importat programming and that's why they fetch the highest dollar of any cable entity DirecTV carries. Their demands are ridiculous and they know it, but they will get about a 10% increase in the end.

You are way overthinking this. Two giants, sure... Zuffa little in comparison, sure... But believe me, without those little enterprises, neither Comcast or DirecTV exist and they know it. They listen to them just as much as they listen to the 3-4 million customers that have already called or e-mailed complaints.

BTW - I rarely take you seriously or "most" anything you say personally. On this, the only thing I said that made no sense to you was implying that Zuffa could lean a bit and help get it back on... It's naive of you to think that can't happen. And you still didn't dazzle me...
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Damn DirecTV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DirecTV   Damn DirecTV EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:36 pm

they better get that shit back on Directv. That sit is bogus.

But I agree this is probably only the early stages of negotiations.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Damn DirecTV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DirecTV   Damn DirecTV EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Man I just switched to DirecTV today too. Oh well, still worth it
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Damn DirecTV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DirecTV   Damn DirecTV EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:25 pm

"Hey comcast exec, those human cockfighting guys are on line1 saying we should stop trying to fuck direct tv...will you take the call?"

"fuck no"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Damn DirecTV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DirecTV   Damn DirecTV Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn DirecTV
Page 1 of 1