Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help me figure this out...

Go down 
+2
hardcoreBEE24
MMAEYES
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Help me figure this out... Empty
PostSubject: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:07 am

I know this is an old conversation but for me it's new. Why the hell is Margarito allowed to box after being caught with that shit in his wraps? Is it because he denies knowing it was happening or what? I mean he could have killed someone with that, it's like they found out he brought a weapon in the ring with him imo.

How could any state athletic commission let him fight? And how could a promotion keep him without a huge backlash?

Again I'm sure you guys have been through this before but I'd be greatful if you could bring me up to speed.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:14 am

MMAEYES wrote:
I know this is an old conversation but for me it's new. Why the hell is Margarito allowed to box after being caught with that shit in his wraps? Is it because he denies knowing it was happening or what? I mean he could have killed someone with that, it's like they found out he brought a weapon in the ring with him imo.

How could any state athletic commission let him fight? And how could a promotion keep him without a huge backlash?

Again I'm sure you guys have been through this before but I'd be greatful if you could bring me up to speed.

He was suspended for one year by the California State Athletic Commission. When one athletic commission suspends someone the rest usually follow suit. He was banned from boxing in the states for one year. He then petitioned the CSAC for re licensing but was denied. He then went to Texas for a license and was approved. His trainer Javier Capetillo has yet to be reinstated.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 am

Shit that's right they covered that on the first 24/7 didn't they? Thanks. It just seems like he didn't get punished enough imo. I mean maybe people just don't see it being as bad as I do.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 am

MMAEYES wrote:
Shit that's right they covered that on the first 24/7 didn't they? Thanks. It just seems like he didn't get punished enough imo. I mean maybe people just don't see it being as bad as I do.

He claims ignorance and Capetillo takes the blame. To me it's all bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:36 am

I think its pretty pathetic Texas is allowing him to fight

I dont know who said it but it was a former fighter he said, you think Alex Rodriguez doesn't know when his bat is off a quarter of an ounce in weight, your saying Michael Jordan didnt know what a basketballs proper weight should feel like, basically then said Margarito knew what the wraps should have felt like

Texas, Jerry Jones, and Bob Arum care about money and its showing
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:36 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

He claims ignorance and Capetillo takes the blame. To me it's all bullshit.

Yeah I think it's BS too man. No way Margarito didn't know he doesn't look that stupid. I don't see how the fans of boxing can be cool with this guy getting to fight Manny. They couldn't find a fighter with respect for the sport to fight Manny
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:41 am

well MMA its pretty simple

Pacqiaou = Bob Arum fighter
Margarito = Bob Arum fighter

mexicans still continue to support Margarito and I bet they show up by the 10's of thousands this saturday (not trying to take a shot at hispanic people, its just true, his hispanic fan base is still largely intact)
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:46 am

Birdofthad wrote:

mexicans still continue to support Margarito and I bet they show up by the 10's of thousands this saturday (not trying to take a shot at hispanic people, its just true, his hispanic fan base is still largely intact)

If anything it's gotten larger with the Caucasian American media making Margarito a pariah. Margarito is now championed as an underdog by some.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:50 am

ya its really true watching his CSAC commssion hearing couple months ago i was shocked to see all the people on tehre hoping he got re licensed and talking shit about Cotto
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:55 am

Birdofthad wrote:
ya its really true watching his CSAC commssion hearing couple months ago i was shocked to see all the people on tehre hoping he got re licensed and talking shit about Cotto

I don't understand the Cotto shit talking. The guy lost and hasn't said shit about the wraps or asked for an appeal. He just keeps plugging away etc. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:55 am

Birdofthad wrote:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised GSP got caught cheating and everyone today(besides me and the state of hawaii) believes that it was just the trainers fault. I just find what Margarito did as extra fucked up and think the act itself is just as bad as a fighter biting another fighters ear.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:57 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

I don't understand the Cotto shit talking. The guy lost and hasn't said shit about the wraps or asked for an appeal. He just keeps plugging away etc. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Cotto never asked for an appeal????WTF?
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

Arent you going to the fight?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:19 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Cotto never asked for an appeal????WTF?

Cotto's trainer/camp admit to fucking up by not overseeing Tony getting his hands wrapped that night and even the NSAC says they signed off on them, but again if it wasnt for Mosley's trainer, CSAC misses it

But nobody knew about the wraps until the Mosley fight in January 09, Cotto fight 7/2008
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:45 pm

I wonder does that mean that the CSAC sucks that bad or is Mosley's trainer that good? Someone may have been getting paid to look the other way, or maybe the CSAC are just really bad at what they do? All I know is thank God for Mosley's trainer like I said before he could've killed someone.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Well they have no proof he ever cheated and the California courts concluded he didnt know the wrapps were loaded. That right there caused problems itself. The California State Commision wanted him to admitt of wrong doing, but Margaritos team couldnt do that because then he would get busted for perjury, so they denied his request earlier this year. Margarito technically didnt know his handwraps were loaded, so they could only give him a year. Capetillo was thrown under the bus, he'll never get his license again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me figure this out...   Help me figure this out... Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me figure this out...
Page 1 of 1